Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken a look for the instructions on kgis webpage but i still cant remove the headlights because after following the instructions the bumper is still sticked to the car and i find impossible to remove it!
I would thank to somebody who can show me how to remove the headlights step by step and with pictures. Thanks! :p

·
Registered
2012 Optoma Hybrid (Light graphite)
169 Posts
Sorry I don't have pics or the time to do it properly.

Did you remove the arch screw from the wheel well on that side of the vehicle?
You have several push pins on the bumper itself under the hood. You'll have to pop them out on that side of the vehicle.Remove the two bolts for the air intake and set the air intake to the side. There should be one other small bolt near the push pins that must be removed on the side the headlight is being removed.

Basically you will have to detach the bumper on that side to remove the headlight.
Don't forget to remove the push pins under the bumper on that side. You can use a small pick to pry up the center and pull them out.

Once all of those pins and bolts are removed. Grab from inside the wheel well making sure all of the arch screws have been removed.Pull the bumper out it should slowly pop loose. Keep moving your hand to inside of the bumper under the light as you pull.

Right under the light there are clips holding the bumper. You'll need a plastic flat head style screw driver or something similar to slide in between the underside of the headlight and bumper to release the bumper.

Yeah it sucks..easy to break the bumper clips if you're not careful. I hate taking these off at work! If only it was designed like the Sorento..a piece of cake by comparison.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts