Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to check the aim on my 2011 EX.

Is there a side to side adjustment?

Didn't see any but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask experts.

Vertical is in plane sight.

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
none... you cant.. sorry...

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
Thanks, didn't think so and don't think I have a right left issue just a to low one.
oh i see.. you wont have a problem if you use philips, osram (silverstar) halogen bulbs, if its aftermarket hids you have to fiddle with them.. the sorento's beam pattern are like laser beams on the ground...

·
Registered
2011 Sorento V6 AWD
150 Posts
Thanks, didn't think so and don't think I have a right left issue just a to low one.
I thought mine were very low when i got my sorento, coming from a car I thought this must be normal for cuv's but i had to make a few adjustments because I like to be able to see down the road more then 25 meters in the dark. I added silverstar ultras which helped as well but had to move them up quite a bit in the end. They are still aimed lower then I would prefer but I dont want to blind other drivers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Came from a full size 4 wheel drive truck and I agree, seemed like you could only see 25 feet in front of the bumper.

Winged it last night and had a lot better road vision this morning.

Already switched to silverstar, not the Ultras but i actually had a new set of H11.

Figure I will upgrade to ultras next summer.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
Came from a full size 4 wheel drive truck and I agree, seemed like you could only see 25 feet in front of the bumper.

Winged it last night and had a lot better road vision this morning.

Already switched to silverstar, not the Ultras but i actually had a new set of H11.

Figure I will upgrade to ultras next summer.
I bought the Ultras, MUCH better. I will still need to adjust them as I feel like they project towards the ground too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts