Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sportage 2.0 AT FWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello friend. Iam sportage gen 3 user from Indonesia. I have a question about my sportage lamp.
On idle all the lamp become pulsating. Headlamp, foglamp, beam lamp, cabin lamp.

When i measure the voltage, it works normaly around 13.5-14.3volt .

I have done some experince with LED H7:
1. Plug the battery directly, the engine turns off, does not pulsating (LED works normal)
2. Plug the battery directly, the engine turns on, does not pulsating (LED works normal)
3. LED Positive plug the battery, negative plug to HeadLamp socket, does not pulsating (LED works normal)
4. LED Negative plug the battery, positive plug to HeadLamp socket, does pulsating (LED not normal)

Sorry for my bad english. Thanks in advance.

Update:
5. LED negative plug to HeadLamp Socket, Positive plug to HeadLamp Socket, the engine turn off, does not pulsating (LED works normal)

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage EX 2.7L
59 Posts
Did the sportage originally have led lighting? If it's a conversion more than likely you need some kind of anti-flicker device, resistor or capacitors.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage 2.0 AT FWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the sportage originally have led lighting? If it's a conversion more than likely you need some kind of anti-flicker device, resistor or capacitors.
I still use the halogen bulb right now, and the lamp still pulsating. The led lamp i use only for testing

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage EX 2.7L
59 Posts
I'd say start checking connections then. Maybe something is loose or corroded? Look hard at the connections coming off the battery to the distribution block.

You could turn on lights and start shaking wiring.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
954 Posts
Do you think it could be the voltage regulator inside the alternator that is on its way out??

Reactions: rio-t

·
Registered
2013 Sportage 2.0 AT FWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd say start checking connections then. Maybe something is loose or corroded? Look hard at the connections coming off the battery to the distribution block.

You could turn on lights and start shaking wiring.
Today i have checked below the main engine fuse block, everything looks fine.
Will check for corroded tomorrow.

Do you think it could be the voltage regulator inside the alternator that is on its way out??
When i check the battery voltage when engine is running, the voltage is normal. So i guess the error is in the system, maybe wiring between main engine fuse to output (headlamp, beam, cabin lamp etc)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts