Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage SX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, before I begin, I have already tried the search function and found nothing helpful. I recently purchased a pair of headlamps and have provided the link below. They came with a pair of motors on the headlamp for adjustment from inside the car and I really want that feature. I think it is fairly easy to wire up, I just need the actual adjustment switch, which I can't seem to find anywhere online, would the dealership be able to help me out on this one? Any help would be appreciated.

FREE SHIPPING BY EMS, 2010 2012 KIA SPORTAGE R HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY V2, WITH R8 LED TEAR EYE, TURNING FUNCTION-in Lights & Indicators from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

·
Registered
2012 Sportage LX
177 Posts
I'm really confused on what you're asking... Do they adjust up and down or left to right? Either way i don't know why you would want a switch inside to adjust it on your own... Wouldn't you want it to be automatic?

After reading the link, the only thing that appears to adjust is the cutoff line on the bi-xenon projectors. That would be wired to the high beams.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
Its a common feature on european cars and it adjusts the lights up,or down. Eu sportage has them,so maybe an Eu parts dealers could sell those switches.

@SXTurbo4 could you post real pictures of those lights on your car? Is it a DRL kinda led setup,that dims with headlights on? Are the headlights xenon? Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage SX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry about the bad pictures but thats all I can get with a camera phone. Basically the DRLs won't run as DRLs because my car came with LEDs from the factory and the new headlights are wired to use the power from the high beam functioning as the DRL, if that makes sense. The LEDs and Halos turn on with the parking lights and the low beams. The headlights are xenon. I am running 35W 4300k Morimoto d2s bulbs at the moment with an HID kit ballast. I hope to replace it soon but that is beside the point. They are bixenon projectors and if I had to guess I would say they could be valeo ECE bixenon projectors as the cutoff looks to be that way. I hope to get an output shot up soon. Hope the pictures are what you were looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
KIA Sportage
34 Posts
hi sxturbo4,
firstly congrats! nice looking light, i stumbled upon the aliexpress a few times myself when searching for angeleyes headlight for sportage, but im not too trusting with china made products, eventhough im a chinese myself *but from other country.
anyway, I went to local car acc shop to retrofit a DIY angeleye kit into my headlight, and i have the same prob too, they couldn't make it into DRL or vice versa.
the thing with our original LED strip DRL, it turns half bright when we turn on the light switch. some people suggested to make a manual switch for the AE, but im not really convenient with additional switch and there must be a way where we can connect the AE wiring to the car ignition... so anybody have done it?

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
What you could do is go to the dealer of a car manufacturer that you know has this feature already in one of their cars and order the part.

I know my WRX had it, so you can try a Subaru dealer. I think Evos have it too, so Mitsubishi is also on the list. Just look around and try to find the cheapest car that has it, then order that part.

I suggested Subaru first because the WRX has redish interior illum, so it would match the Kia pretty well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts