Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cee'd 3 Ecodynamics 1.6 CRDi, 2012
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased \ ordered a Kia Cee'd 1,6 CDRi (used 2012 model) and have a question about headlamp adjustment for European driving.

2 or 3 times a year I drive on the continent, usually overnight. On past vehicles we have either used beam deflectors on the headlamps or headlamp cover with deflectors. When we used the Skoda, there is a simple 'one click' adjustment you make on the unit that adjusts the beam.

What options do I have with the Cee'd?

I have posed the same question to the dealer but didn't get a response that would be considered useful ( "do you need to adjust your headlamp?") They are still 'looking into it'.

I know some may think you can get away with it but I'd rather not take that chance. On my one and only run in with the French Gendarmes, they went over that car looking for any issues, tyres, driving licence, log book, insurance, snowchains, they warbled on about the beam deflectors suggesting they were of no use! When they had messed me about for 30 mins and noticed I had winter tyres and a set of snow chains to hand, they let me proceed. Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
Cee'd 3 Ecodynamics 1.6 CRDi, 2012
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts