Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering before i order this KFX Performance - Hyundai and Kia Performance and Styling Parts - Megan Racing Equal Length Header for Kia Spectra 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012: KFX Performance
do anybody know that have this headers/exhaust manifold mess the o2 sensor up if i install this and would it effect my emission and how much power gain can i expect?

Thanks cause i think my cat might be clog since i have no pick on from dead stop. So if im going to spend 600 on factory replacement might as well get headers and its cheaper also. what you guys think

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
I have the 4-2-1 header on my 06 Spectra and have been very happy with it. Noticeable gain in power. It was a direct bolt in, although I did have to grind on corner of the manifold slightly to clear a bracket. Installing the header eliminates the first cat, which is part of the stock manifold. There is an o2 bung for the front sensor on the header. In order to keep from getting the dreaded CEL, you need to have a bung welded in just behind the secondary cat, then move the o2 sensor ther and extend the wires for the sensor. This is the only surefire way to keep the CEL away. There are other ways but to do it, but they do not work well. Here is the disclaimer....the 4-2-1 header bolts right up to your factory secondary cat, but I think the equal lenght header elimanates the second cat all together. I am not sure tho. If you do not have a cat then you need to solve the CEL problem some other way. The downstream sensor measures the emissions after the cat to make sure it is functioning. Most guys will have a cat installed after installing the header, or just ignore the CEL(REAL BAD IDEA!). Check with KFX before you buy.:huh::huh:

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i check KFX and ask him the questionm on ebay he said something about a fouler kit to eliminate the CEL but when i did my reseach online about the fouler kit it always does not work. im going to have to save up to get the kit and maybe install a secondary cat on the down pipe and relocate the other o2 sensor on it.

·
Registered
06 KIA Spec5, 2000 HD Roadking
1,515 Posts
Ask them if there is a 4-2-1 header available. They were selling them. Check out Ebay also, maybe you can get one from Megan. I believe they offer one. The are plug and play, so you would only have to move the sensor.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i talk to him on ebay.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know this post is old, but I can hopefully help.

The header replaces the first cat, it comes with a downpipe that connects to the remaining cat. There is a flex pipe that allows for rocking of the engine.

The only issues that I have seen on install is that sometimes the bolt holes need to have a drill run through them, but I have not had the issue for over 2 years.

The megan header for the spectra is only available through us as we did the development work, we also have a cat back exhaust for the sedan. It will work on the spec 5 with some modification at the back.

I hope that helps

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts