Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Sorrento SX and have been having mulitple problems with head units. I have been to the dealer 6 times and they have replaced my head unit 5 times because Nav didn't work, then rear camera didn't work, then radio would power off. I have had a KIA engineer work on this car and still having problems. KIA wants to fix it yet again and I'm now going to "Lemon Law". Has anyone had simular problems?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow six times is a lot for head unit issues. I have replaced a few head units due to NAV and the power off issue. Even the back up camera I have seen be cause d by head unit. I am interested in knowing what the resolution is as I am a Kia tech and wuld like to have it as refernece.

Can you explain what the original problem was or still is?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kiatec 78626 the orginal problem was the nav just stopped working. The dealership kept replacing head units and everythime something else would stop working or malfunction. Had an KIA engineer work on my car all day and replaced head unit and updated software, etc... a week or two later, same problems. So it's got to be the car, not the head units. Besides having head unit problems, I kept having check engine light issues as well. I have the BBB Autoline helping me now settle these issues with KIA

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like there is a wiring issue that keeps triggering the head unit issues. If a Kia Engineer has dealt with this then I am sure they are working on resovling the issue the best they can.

What check engine lights are you having?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kiatec 78626 Going to arbitration in a few weeks. Too many months and endless attempts to fix the car that didn't work. I'm done with KIA trying to fix my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts