Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only problem I'm having with my 2005 magentis up to date is the alignment. When I first bought it, it was driving fine. Not long after it started pulling toward right. And it kept getting worse. So I brought it at the dealer to get it aligned. I waited there 2 hours for them to do it. After I left the dealer the car was running perfect, going strait for ever without holding the wheel. Then again a few days after that it started pulling right again. I called them up they said to bring it in they would try crossing the tires, they say that it usually fixes the problem. So I went there yesterday to get that done. And it's the same story over and over again, at first it goes strait and after I do a bit of milleage on it, it starts pulling right. I am getting really annoyed, I live 1 hour drive away from the dealer and I dont feel like driving up there evey week to get the car aligned. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the front end of the car.

Annyone had similar problem on one of there vehicule?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Nope never had that problem. I think you are right. There might be a issue with the front end. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well last week they crossed my tires and it didt really help my problem. Today I went to get another alignement, they told me it was perfect. They said that it was probably the tires fault and that there is nothing they could do about it.

Anyone heard about something like that before?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2000 km on the car, i dont know how many miles that makes but it's not much, I will have to call the manager and ask him myself, because it's the guy over at the garage departement that told me that.

I'll get a hold of him this week and see what he has to say.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
whoa, that's strange.. mine kinda goes to the left, but it hasn't really bothered me. I don't have a "dealership" that I can really go to since I bought the car used from Enterprise, but they told me that i can take the car to any dealership to get it checked. I might do that this weekend, since I've missed the 30K check up (it's now around 34K miles). I'll need to get it done!

·
Registered
126 Posts
To alignment fellow: have you considered that you might have a tire problem? These can be quite common. Try switching the front tires sides to side and see what happens. Try switching X front to back and see what happens. You have nothing to lose. By the way what do the alignment people have to say? I'd be interested in knowing that and how it works out. Thanks. speedster1 [email protected]

·
Registered
41 Posts
2000 km = 1250 miles

i simply remember that 5 miles is about equal to 8 kilometers. it's pretty close.

·
Registered
34 Posts
your alignment

have them check your tire rods, wheel bearings, and ball joints, maybe you or the previous driver could have hit a big hole and damaged them......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts