Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just bought myself a new kia rio and am getting it in 2 weeks. Have i made the right choice. it is my first new car and i don't want it to be a money pit!!! the rio's are a lot more stylish and better value than the other small cars on the market. I'd just like to know if any you guyz and girlz who have rios are experiencing any trouble with them and could you plz tell me what u think of them and if i have made the right choice.
thanx :mellow:

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Originally posted by Best_small_new_car@Jan 20 2005, 06:37 AM
Hey everyone,
I just bought myself a new kia rio and am getting it in 2 weeks. Have i made the right choice. it is my first new car and i don't want it to be a money pit!!! the rio's are a lot more stylish and better value than the other small cars on the market. I'd just like to know if any you guyz and girlz who have rios are experiencing any trouble with them and could you plz tell me what u think of them and if i have made the right choice.
I dont have a rio but ou made a good choice getting a kia. I love my sephia got 120,000 miles on it and havent had to dump much money into it so far!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Originally posted by Best_small_new_car@Jan 20 2005, 05:37 AM
Hey everyone,
I too dont have a Rio. I work with someone who does have a 2001 Rio and he has had no problems with it at all. He says it is a great car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Best_small_new_car@Jan 20 2005, 12:37 PM
Hey everyone,
Hi there,

well, me neither have a Rio. I have pruchased two months ago a 2005 Hyundai Accent. As You may know these are brothers (same platform), as Hyundai and Kia are one company.
It is also my first new car and I am very very happy with it. I am sure, You will also love the Rio, which - again is the same, but probably in Combi version.

What engine, trim did You choose?
Definitely let us know your first experiences with it!

Best wishes, Attila

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey everyone!
I wouyld just like to thank all of you who replyed to my message. U have all made me feel better about purchasing my new kia rio! I can't wait until it gets delivered in 3/4 weeks.
:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 Rio and I love it. I have had no problems with it yet. The only thing you will notice is that the power is lacking. Slow to accellerate. If you put premium gas in it, that helps.
Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Best_small_new_car@Jan 20 2005, 12:37 PM
Hey everyone,
I have a Kia Rio (5door) LS model '02, with 45-50,000 km...

No problems at all... Nice car, especially for it's price ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm the owner of rio 2004. 1.3cc Auto. I dont feel it lacks power. My top speed was 160km/hr (last sunday). So far she gives no problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 02 Rio and have had a few problems with it but for the most part my wife and I really like the car. We visit family just about 300 miles away on ONE tank of gas. I have to fill my truck up twice for that! The car is perfect for the price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a 2003 Kia Rio last August and have been extremely happy with it. I went from a olds 98 to a kia rio so I went from a big car to a smaller one and I havent regretted a day yet. I am happy with the power that the 4 cylynder provides me on the road. Since the price of gas has gone up here I have reverted to ancient history and started driving 55 mph again and have really been surprised at the extra miles I have gotten a gallon. Wish you the best of luck on your new purchase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great lilttle car. When they say replace your timing belt DO IT !!! I learned the hard way $$$$$ As far as mileage goes we get 38 mpg highway. Other than "my fault" stuff 0 problems. 02rio.

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio
182 Posts
i live in Cali USA and i own a 2002 Kia Rio havent had ANY problems with it only has 23,000 on it and love it. with the 13 + mods horse power over 110 its still great on gas mileage avarge about 35 to 38 i will buy another Kia after this one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
Just to know if you got your Kia already or not?
How is the car???
Been looking at one Kia Rio Hatchback 1.5L here in SIngapore but need to know the condition of it???

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought Kia Rio Auto 1.5, one month ago. My patrol consumption seem to be very high. 1 liter less than 10km.
Anyone can help.....

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio Hatch; 2004 Ford Falcon XR6
3 Posts
I see that your message is dated last January so I imagine you have probably bought the car by now. I have joined this forum today and I have already posted a comment on the reliability of the Kia Rio. However, for the money you pay for one, you get a lot of car. They're not Rolls-Royces, but realistically, with any criticism one might make, the price needs to be considered. There are cheaper cars on the market, but if you weigh up the size/equipment and price, the Rio comes out pretty well. Mine has done 42,000 km since I bought it in August 2002, and has had a fairly easy life, I must admit, but apart from a few warranty items which were fixed without any quibbling by the dealer, I have had no trouble. They are cheap to run and that not only includes fuel economy, (which is excellent), but servicing costs as well. Regarding the price, as an example, a Hyundai Getz 5 door costs more to buy, has the same interior room, but the boot only has enough room for one suitcase and few smaller items, while the Rio hatch has a proper boot that will carry a fair bit even with the back seat up. The Getz is a little more refined I must admit, and that is important to some people. I think you have made a good choice.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Rio
22 Posts
Got an '04 Rio, love it! Also have an '02 Spectra GSX which replaced a 2000 Sephia. I miss the Sephia, as it was our first brand new car after string of beaters. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts