Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights and dashboard lights have been flickering and I learned from a distant dealership that there is a technical service bulletin (TSB) ELE152 concerning the head light stalk for 2014 Kia Soul's but they don't know how to fix it. They only replaced the halogen light bulbs which did not fix the problem.
I have seen comments about a maser contact switch mounted on the brake pedal pivot rack and about extra grounding on battery, but what has actually worked for you?
Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
1. Don't use the email address as your user name, you'll get spammed.
2. Don't add any "master switch" to the car electrical system, it's dangerous and illegal in most states.
3. You should check the grounding regardless. A voltmeter between the battery negative pole and the car metallic body (not painted) should indicate close to zero volts DC - when engine is running.
4. I heard another person about their multifunction switch being bad, but I don't think is widespread. To replace that switch, on Soul, it is required to remove the steering wheel.
Thank coreean engineers for that, on contrast, on my Ford cars, that is not necessary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts