Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Cee'd 5 door
101 Posts
Both are variations on this site:
https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php
Not sure but I think ArmorAll may be owned by the same parent company as PlastiDip, so the same product. The dipyourcar site was one of the early users of PlastiDip for covering cars; PlastiDip was originally designed for other uses and they figured out the car covering. ArmorAll decided to get into the game I guess with a ready made product. Looks like 3M is jumping in with a clear covering so you protect the paint but dont change the color.
Personally when I first saw the PlastiDip covered cars I thought it was silly. But I can see where it is just another way to personalize your ride. Would love to do it to my Cee'd but the wife would kill me! Might sneak in some wheels covered in black or the new anthracite and see if she notices.

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX, 1967 Chevy C10
241 Posts
I didn't even think about Plasti Dip and we sell it at work. The people who buy it have all been buying it for older cars or wheels. I've been thinking about the 3M stuff because nothing pisses me off more than finding rock chips while hand washing my Rio.

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
In BC and many other places tons of people play with Plastidip. Really how well you prep the surface and amount of coats you put on.

Check out the website road bug posted there's many videos and this industry has been booming. It's starting to take over vinyl wrapping and painting industry for cars.

Good thing is if you dont like it you just peel it off and a can is cheap usually around $10 USD or CA. Give it a try on something else first and see how you like it.

·
Registered
kia rio sedan
102 Posts
roadbug trust me, normally womens dont notice that you change somthing in car till you tell, just if you change color of the car will notice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts