Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Sienna, 2013 Kia Rio5 SX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants a compass on the rearview mirror, so I started looking at the options and there are ALOT! Has anyone done this and have recommendations?

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
I've been looking at this too. The internet is rife with decent reports on the Gentex brand. Although they have many different models, the basic one with compass seems to be one of the best for it's price (about a $100). I even saw one on eBay where you could request the LED color (red, blue, green etc).

As for removing the old one and attaching the new one... not so sure. Shouldn't be too difficult, as long as you know the trick to removing them (I don't). Probably why I haven't pulled the trigger yet myself.

·
Registered
2010 Toyota Sienna, 2013 Kia Rio5 SX
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
always wondered what purpose a compass on a mirror would serve, wouldn't a portable GPS be better and probably cheaper.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 SX
17 Posts
Hi night day,
I am not very handy with installing a rear view mirror, so I let the dealer to do it of me.
Instructions that Flem provided are accurate, and I believe they come with the mirror.
If you feel comfortable, you can install it yourself...but that was not the case with me.
Excellent upgrade and I love it.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio LX
5 Posts
when i bought my car it was an free addition they added to my car. It has compass and homelink and auto dimmer. I love it!

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
I ordered the same as dchev. I had the dealer install it as part of the purchase. Love it. Bigger mirror. Love the extras as well (Home Link, auto-dimming, compass). Cheapest price and fast delivery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I too have begun looking into aftermarket mirrors. I'm 6'5" and even at this height the Soul is fine for me except for the dang mirror.

When I'm sitting with good posture full upright I see absolutely nothing behind me. Does anyone know if the Soul mirror is at least easily relocated? I don't want to have to go to a dealer for something simple like this.

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
Bit of thread revival

I was just wondering with the Homelink, since some of us (international) may want to get this mirror with the homelink, etc., is it universal with the operating frequencies/brand compatibility? Because I know that here in Aus, some stuff on American cars doesn't work here..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts