Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sportage SX | 2009 Borrego EX (gone)
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the parking light bulbs yet?

If so, how much of a pain was it?

thanks ~ Erik

·
Registered
2009 KIA Borrego LX, 2001 C5 Corvette
3 Posts
I can't remember if you can reach the bulb with the housing installed but, if not then it's going to be a PITA!! Search "hid install" to see how the housing is removed.

·
Registered
2009 Borrego Limited
39 Posts
Mine was out a few weeks ago, right when an inspection was due, so it had to be fixed. I asked the dealer how much they charged to do it, and they said "nothing...we don't charge our customers for changing the bulb. We only charge the price of the bulb, which is about $2."

I asked him if he knew what he was getting himself into on the Borrego, and he said "yep...doesn't matter. We do it anyway".

Sure enough, they did it, and the bulb was like $1.75, so I was VERY happy with my dealer at that point. And I don't really take it to them for everything...just things that are a pain in the butt to do.

He said that they dropped the inner fender liner and went in that way. One of the guys has long skinner arms and was able to reach it easily.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX V8 2WD
111 Posts
Yes, that is the best way to do it. I did the same thing for my fog light bulb. You must have a really good dealership.

·
Registered
2018 Sportage SX | 2009 Borrego EX (gone)
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was out a few weeks ago, right when an inspection was due, so it had to be fixed. I asked the dealer how much they charged to do it, and they said "nothing...we don't charge our customers for changing the bulb. We only charge the price of the bulb, which is about $2."

I asked him if he knew what he was getting himself into on the Borrego, and he said "yep...doesn't matter. We do it anyway".

Sure enough, they did it, and the bulb was like $1.75, so I was VERY happy with my dealer at that point. And I don't really take it to them for everything...just things that are a pain in the butt to do.

He said that they dropped the inner fender liner and went in that way. One of the guys has long skinner arms and was able to reach it easily.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was hoping it was nothing this involved. Oh well, guess it will have to wait until spring time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts