Kia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kia Rio SLi 2013 and want to replace the "yellow" stock headlights.
Has anyone done that with 2013 model? if so how did you guys connect the HID wires to stock wires?:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank yiannos18, I have looked at that before but the 2013 model has different female head, and there is only way to connect is cut the wire and join together, which I dont want to ever. sigh...

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
Thank yiannos18, I have looked at that before but the 2013 model has different female head, and there is only way to connect is cut the wire and join together, which I dont want to ever. sigh...
2012 to 2013 they changed the connectors? cheeky aren't they!
I haven't gotten around to it on mine but now, maybe I don't want to get around to it!

·
Registered
Kia Rio YB . GT-line 2018
213 Posts
@teowee
can you make e picture of the head and plug
so i can see if it is difrent then the 2012 model i have
and i also use difrend bulb holders so no need for twrap any more
have to make pictures but the wl come soone

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the pic at the back of that female plug. I guess the only way is just connect straight to the stock wires

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you can, just a bit tricky about hook up the wires into socket like that. Have you got your HID kit yet ? I still wait for mine

·
Registered
213 Posts
i see you have the same bulb holders i have
you have to remove the big plug just pres out the 2 smal plugs whit a screwdriver
they wil pop out real easy just put some tape around the electrikal plugs so the do not short out
i have found out that there are some bmw hid bulb holders whit wil fit after 2 minor
modfication
i have to make pictures and a howe to so this wil follow shortly
here is tjhe link to the adaptors 2 Pcs BMW E39 2 BMW 5SERIES 96 03 Year H7 Bulb Adaptor Bulb Holder Bulb Clip | eBay

this is a pickture of my headlight whith the new adaptor

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Xtra40
Thanks for showing that pic. I still waiting for my kits arrive so I can figure how to connect them without buying new plug. *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
Rio 13 , Sportage 11
16 Posts
i see you have the same bulb holders i have
you have to remove the big plug just pres out the 2 smal plugs whit a screwdriver
they wil pop out real easy just put some tape around the electrikal plugs so the do not short out
i have found out that there are some bmw hid bulb holders whit wil fit after 2 minor
modfication
i have to make pictures and a howe to so this wil follow shortly
here is tjhe link to the adaptors 2 Pcs BMW E39 2 BMW 5SERIES 96 03 Year H7 Bulb Adaptor Bulb Holder Bulb Clip | eBay

this is a pickture of my headlight whith the new adaptor
Many thanks for your help, i just place my order for the adapters and still waiting for your comments about holder modifications

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Many thanks for your help, i just place my order for the adapters and still waiting for your comments about holder modifications
@Wellman
Yeah, try that and can you take a pic or let us know the outcome later on pls :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok. Kits arrived safe. But I couldn't install it due to adapter problem. I tried to get an adapter for HID on ebay but no help, only for BMW and other cars.. Any suggest please

·
Registered
213 Posts
I always use error canclers but more importend is the extra relay switcing harnas i put in extra so the xenon is Linkt direct from THE Battery and not true the Car electronics so no danger of killig Anny thing i wil post the links when i get home

·
Registered
213 Posts
and stick it and glue it like this (glue is not nesesary )

now you can stick it back in the headlight

twist it so it locks in place

you may need to press hard becouse of the foam pading the first time but this wil prevent the bulb to get lose and gife the strange light
hope this wil help you all out

for al the pictures you can check here on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...1073741856.100004406111111&type=3&uploaded=13

1 - 19 of 19 Posts