Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2003 Sorento makes a funny whirr- each time I start it up. About 3-4 seconds after the engine kicks over...there is a whirr - like a buzz throughout the car. It's weird - but it doesn't seem to hurt anything :blink: is this normal, or should I have it checked out.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Originally posted by Happymom@Dec 28 2004, 07:19 PM
my 2003 Sorento makes a funny whirr- each time I start it up. About 3-4 seconds after the engine kicks over...there is a whirr - like a buzz throughout the car. It's weird - but it doesn't seem to hurt anything :blink: is this normal, or should I have it checked out.
I dont think that it is normal. I have got a 04 Sorento and it doesnt do that. Not quite sure what it could be. :unsure: :unsure: So it does it everytime you start it up.....even with the engine hot and when it is cold? I dont think that it would hurt to have it checked out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does your car have ABS? If so its the ABS pump cycling. Its very normal and most people never notice it.

Allen
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Sorento EX3500V6, LC80, Mitsu Space Gr
44 Posts
A low-pitched whirring sound happens when I first press down on the accelerator on my 3.5V6 Sorento EX. Could that be the ABS? It always happens when I drive away after starting it up. Otherwise, it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Yep, definitely the ABS doing it's routine self check. Happens once per trip after 4 mph or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts