Kia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Sportage PHEV (waitlist)
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see lots of people saying that they were supposed to go pick up their Sportage the next day but nobody has posted anything about it and no videos yet. Assuming the dealerships misjudged the delivery dates but maybe I’m wrong?

·
Registered
Looking at getting 2023 Sportage PHEV
37 Posts
I haven't seen any reports of PHEV being delivered on forums, reddit, or facebook.

I've also been keeping an eye on kia.com's inventory search. I believe once a car has been assigned a vin and a dealership that it's going to, it should pop up there as a 'show vehicles coming soon'. When it shows up on that site, the car is 2-3 weeks out from arriving at the dealership.

·
Registered
Considering 2023 Sportage PHEV
36 Posts
I am ordering mine at 230 Central today. I assume to find out how long the delivery wait is then. I am expecting 8-10 weeks.

·
Registered
2019 Niro PHEV Ex Premium (2023 Sportage PHEV soon?)
104 Posts
I ordered a little over a week ago, and I was told it'd be 3-4 weeks before they would have it inbound and another 3-4 weeks before delivery. As soon as I have an update, I will post it.

·
Registered
2023 sportage phev ex premium ordered
2 Posts
Ordered a phev ex premium in Canada about two weeks ago, was told they are typically knowing about 4 months before they receive they're first batch including the dealers test drive model and at that point they hadn't heard anything from kia Canada, likely longer wait times since Canada is a smaller market than the US

·
Registered
37 Posts
I heard in one of my meetings that there are heavy heavy volume of vehicle shipments coming to west coast ports. Let's hope everybody's vehicles are on one of these ships.
Hopefully that's it!

I am getting a bit anxious about the new tax credit rules being signed in the very near future which would cause the Sportage PHEV to lose eligibility. Now that Sinema is onboard, it's plausible that the bill can be passed in a couple of weeks.

The Sportage PHEV would lose eligibility the day Biden signs the bill into law unless there is a signed purchase agreement. I don't know if the dealership allow that kind of agreement if the car is still weeks or months away.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My understanding was cars ordered in 2022 would still be ruled by the 2022 law if the new one goes into effect even if they were delivered in 2023... however I read that on the internet so take it with the appropriate amount of salt.

·
Registered
246 Posts
What would the effective date be if the bill is signed? Is it immediately or is there a separate date set?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My understanding was cars ordered in 2022 would still be ruled by the 2022 law if the new one goes into effect even if they were delivered in 2023... however I read that on the internet so take it with the appropriate amount of salt.
If the wording doesn't change from the proposed bill released last week, then that's not correct.The transition rules applies to vehicles "purchased or entered into a written binding contract to purchase after 12/31/21 but before the date of enactment of this Act"

A bill is enacted the moment it is signed by the president.

So if the act sails through House and Senate in August 2022 and Biden signs it on Sept 1 2022, then you'll need to enter a written binding contract to purchase by 8/31/22 or earlier. The definition of a written binding contract to purchase is not so clear, but I'd imagine a refundable deposit would not count.

Of course, the text may still change from now to when it is actually passed. But there may only be a few days notice from passing the Senate to getting signed by Biden.

I imagine the Senate is going to push through the reconciliation bill as soon as possible. There is usually an August recess, but that's being delayed until the reconciliation bill is passed.

Text of the bill, https://www.democrats.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/inflation_reduction_act_of_2022.pdf
Transition rule is on bottom of page 386

·
Registered
2023 Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV (ordered)
26 Posts
Please help me clarify if I'm wrong, but this is a tax CREDIT, not a deduction... meaning that if you get a Tax Refund then you will get nothing. If you owe taxes than the credit covers what you owe. I have kids in college so I usually get some refund so I'm thinking this doesn't affect me. I suspect a lot of people misunderstand the Tax Credit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Please help me clarify if I'm wrong, but this is a tax CREDIT, not a deduction... meaning that if you get a Tax Refund then you will get nothing. If you owe taxes than the credit covers what you owe. I have kids in college so I usually get some refund so I'm thinking this doesn't affect me. I suspect a lot of people misunderstand the Tax Credit.
For the old EV tax credit:
It is a tax credit, but it depends on how much your tax liability is for the year, not necessarily how much you get back/owe when you file taxes in April. So let's take two scenarios:

Person A makes $100k gross, no kids, then his federal income tax liability is $15,000. Regardless of how much his employer had witheld on A's paycheck every paycheck, this person will get $7500 check from the IRS for the EV purchase. If he end up having withheld too much throughout the year, the check would be $7500+however much refund he would've gotten. If he had withheld too little, then the check would be $7500 - however much tax he would've owed to the IRS.

Person B makes $100k gross, but has 5 kids, each qualifying $3,000 in tax credit. Then B's tax liability is $15k (wage) minus $15k (child credit), which makes his liability $0. Then this person would not get any money from the IRS for the EV purchase.

Person C makes $100k gross, but has 3 kids, each qualifying $3,000 in tax credit. Then C' tax liability is $15k (wage) minus $9k (child credit), which makes his liabilty $6k. Then this person would get $6k from the IRS for the EV purchase.

For the new proposed EV tax credit, it is now a REFUNDABLE credit. So in all 3 cases, the person would get $7500 from the IRS for the EV purchase.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am ordering mine at 230 Central today. I assume to find out how long the delivery wait is then. I am expecting 8-10 weeks.
Just finished up my order. Auto Dimming Mirrors are back ordered so I was not able to get one. My only option will be the trailer hitch.

my salesman told me 6-8 months is what he would expect

·
Registered
37 Posts
Someone in California on the Kia Sportage hybrid Facebook group just reported that they picked up a PHEV on 8/6! Hopefully more people will get theirs soon!

·
Registered
Chevrolet Volt 2019. Want a 2023 Kia Sportage PHEV.
155 Posts
Someone in California on the Kia Sportage hybrid Facebook group just reported that they picked up a PHEV on 8/6! Hopefully more people will get theirs soon!
Do you have a link to that post? I assume it's an X-Line. I haven't heard an any X-Line Prestige's allocated at all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you have a link to that post? I assume it's an X-Line. I haven't heard an any X-Line Prestige's allocated at all.

This person didn't say if it's the xline or the xline prestige. Maybe it's possible to tell looking at the exterior trims? But I dont know exactly .

·
Registered
2019 Niro PHEV Ex Premium (2023 Sportage PHEV soon?)
104 Posts

This person didn't say if it's the xline or the xline prestige. Maybe it's possible to tell looking at the exterior trims? But I dont know exactly .
It's an X-Line. They specified in another group, the PHEV Owners group.
Product Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

Reactions: rocketJeff
1 - 19 of 19 Posts