Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX FWD 4cyl, Titanium/Black
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added Heated Seats to their Sorento, and in particular using the OEM switches? I searched the forum and couldn't find any postings. This is something I really want to add, but the body shop I talked to will only do aftermarket switches.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I hear it a big thing with dealers. Lots of the lower grade cars with cloth don't have heated seats but have been told it's no big deal to install for a couple of hundred. Not sure if the dealer does it or send it out. Would have to check on the switches and if they are automatic (turns off with car) or manual (stays on after restart but shuts off with car off).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear it a big thing with dealers. Lots of the lower grade cars with cloth don't have heated seats but have been told it's no big deal to install for a couple of hundred. Not sure if the dealer does it or send it out. Would have to check on the switches and if they are automatic (turns off with car) or manual (stays on after restart but shuts off with car off).
My dealer is the one who sent me to this shop. Perhaps I just need to call around, but it'd be great to hear from anyone who has had this done.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX GDI AWD Bright Silver, 2012 Rio LX+ GDI Clear White
63 Posts
Try sourcing oem heated seats since mine has heated seats in the LX trim (cold weather package from Canada).

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX
33 Posts
My dealer said they can install aftermarket seat heaters AND they use the factory buttons for that factory look. Of course they have a customizing shop attached to the dealership so maybe that's the difference?

Where in PA are you?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer said they can install aftermarket seat heaters AND they use the factory buttons for that factory look. Of course they have a customizing shop attached to the dealership so maybe that's the difference?

Where in PA are you?

I live northwest of Philadelphia, near King of Prussia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts