Kia Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
09 borrego new 03 dodge diesel
82 Posts
Has anyone seen how fast there truck will go? Is that just a redneck thing? Today on our 3 mile strait stretch I was curious because it runs like a scared rabbit, well it stopped at 200kph that is 120mph for my brothers to the south. then the govener kicked in it had more but computer shut me down :( On a side note WOW it hit the peg right now there was no lally gaging it hit max speed in 15 seconds. I am really impressed with this truck and they way it handles. As all have there warts and flees as a whole I am really happy with my purchase.

·
Premium Member
2009 Borrego
320 Posts
I can't say that I've gone that fast... but I can say that the Borrego rides straight and true on the freeway. It's a pleasure to drive when soaking up the highway miles :).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey smuook I cant find the tread of your bush gaurd is it the one on ebay? We want to get one for our truck.

·
Premium Member
2009 Borrego
320 Posts
Yep... it's holding up real nice. I'm very happy with it. It's real beefy looking, just so you know. Pretty good price... I think. I might be biased though since I bought one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks Eh!
I am prob going to run some lights like you did but we will see. Dont think it will stop a moose but it gives the truck that tough look and if you need to push someone out of the way when the flash your lights dont work ;)
I used my buddys shop and aligned the truck and was on my way home when we were passing a car and we were at 100 mph and I thought hmm and floored it and it jumped to 120 and the governer kicked in.
I am so stoked to own 1 of 1000 trucks sold in the us. I am so happy with my truck, thanks again for your help.
As a side note, my truck can beat a hemi :)

·
Premium Member
2009 Borrego
320 Posts
It has some real obvious light tabs on top... so if you don't put something there, it kinda looks like it's missing something.

Hmmm... you must have the V8 if you are running strong against a Dodge Hemi. They are just under 350 hp typically... about the same as the V8 Borrego. The V6 is by no means underpowered, but I wouldn't challenge a modern Hemi with it.

Enjoy your truck but stay safe bro... don't need you wrapped around a tree. ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes sir smuook.
I dont always drive like a donkey, Just when I'm behind the wheel eh! ;). JK It is my wifes truck. I only play once and a while out of town and on lonley streches of road. Yes I have the V8 truck, My buddy has a 08 hemi. He owns his own shop I help him out time to time as a licenced mechanic. He has a chip, cold air and exhaust, I have just done the exhaust on mine. Havent found the cold air or chip that is reliable to my standards yet. But yah off the line he took me but at 3000 rpm and the variable valve timing kicked in and that was all she wrote, he was behind me to the end 120 mph.
I cruise my truck at 80 mph and we are getting 400 miles to 16.5 gallons.
Which is about 24mpg I am really happy with it.
Now that is over all average from utah to alberta, 920 miles.
I have a hard time with some of the opinions of some people concerning the boreggo.
I wonder why if this is a owners site how do the nay sayers get in?
Any ways If I ever get to florida which may happen my daughter lives in eastern canada. I will look you up happy new year and god bless.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts