Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sorento EX 2.5T
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just hardwired my Dashcam using a fuse piggy bank but am having an issue. I want to tap a fuse that is only on when ignition is on but am having issues finding one. For now I used the front seat heaters as they do not turn on when ignition is off, but for some reason my Dashcam stays on 24/7 and drains the battery. For those that have hardwired a dashcam or radar detector using fuse piggyback what fuse did you use?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
156 Posts
Hi, Just hardwired my Dashcam using a fuse piggy bank but am having an issue. I want to tap a fuse that is only on when ignition is on but am having issues finding one. For now I used the front seat heaters as they do not turn on when ignition is off, but for some reason my Dashcam stays on 24/7 and drains the battery. For those that have hardwired a dashcam or radar detector using fuse piggyback what fuse did you use?
Product Material property Gas Plastic Machine

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige - X-Line (a mouth full)
156 Posts
My radar turns on and off with the motor while piggybacked to that fuse. I don't recall how I chose the fuse, but it works.
Product Rectangle Font Material property Technology

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
209 Posts
Which camera are you guys running? I’ve never had one but have been considering it. I was gonna upgrade and amp the speakers but i don’t know if i have the motivation to wire it all at this stage in my life. I need SOMETHING to add to the car and a camera would be nice to have

·
Registered
2021 Sorento EX 2.5T
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which camera are you guys running? I’ve never had one but have been considering it. I was gonna upgrade and amp the speakers but i don’t know if i have the motivation to wire it all at this stage in my life. I need SOMETHING to add to the car and a camera would be nice to have
Mine is just a simple Yi dashcam, basically any will work for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts