Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hardly wroth mentioning but I will anyways. When I bought our Sorento and took it home I noticed that three of the four tires had bar-scan stickers on them. I tried removing them but no luck. Believe me those babies are stuck on there good. Anyhow, the other day I saw another Sorento and sure enough he had the bar-scan stickers too. Does anyone else have them as well? Were you able to remove them? If so how did you do it?

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
2 Posts
funny you mention the stickers, I have em too and cant get them off, also had what looked like some scratches on the hood but I guess it was some glue that was still on there from the factory, came off with ease

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Originally posted by vinylspin@Jun 8 2005, 02:55 AM
had what looked like some scratches on the hood but I guess it was some glue that was still on there from the factory, came off with ease
I have no stickers on my Michelin tires.
I know what you mean when you say you thought you had scratches on your hood. When the dealer asked which Sorento do you want I pointed at one and then realized it had scratches all over it and he said no its just glue from the white protectant plastic used during shipping. And sure enough it came right off.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
The bar codes are probably only on one side of the tire. I don't pay attention when I do a re-balance or replace a tire.

You are right about the hood "scratches". They are left over from the white protective film, called PGF (protective guard film). You'll probably find those same lines on the roof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts