Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, well I have a 2.5crdi and I found that during long distances at high speeds(yesterday I topped 120mph on the car/180kmh)and as soon as you decrease its speed in a more suburban area the steering wheel seems to have a tug with my hands just trying to steer it. After a cigarette break (I had one just to cool down the engine mildly) everything seems normal after that

Has anyone else experienced this problem especially at speeds above 90mph on long distances?

Why would it happen ? Is there any way to avoid this ? Murph whadya reckon

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Originally posted by Bai Drummer@Jan 14 2005, 01:15 AM
Hey there guys, well I have a 2.5crdi and I found that during long distances at high speeds(yesterday I topped 120mph on the car/180kmh)and as soon as you decrease its speed in a more suburban area the steering wheel seems to have a tug with my hands just trying to steer it. After a cigarette break (I had one just to cool down the engine mildly) everything seems normal after that

Has anyone else experienced this problem especially at speeds above 90mph on long distances?

Why would it happen ? Is there any way to avoid this ? Murph whadya reckon
no I have not had this problem.........cant do 90mph+ around here for a long distance without getting caught. :( One way to avoid it is dont do 90mph+ for a long distances, but I guess that take all of the fun out of it!! lol
not quite sure what would cause that though. Maybe it could be something to do with tire pressure. Have you checked that latley??

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Originally posted by 04Sorento@Jan 14 2005, 05:44 AM
no I have not had this problem.........cant do 90mph+ around here for a long distance without getting caught. :( One way to avoid it is dont do 90mph+ for a long distances, but I guess that take all of the fun out of it!! lol
not quite sure what would cause that though. Maybe it could be something to do with tire pressure. Have you checked that latley??
id say its just the speed a sorento is not made to drive 100+. its a suv not built for speed.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
Sorento XS Auto 2005
46 Posts
I beg to differ here. My Sorento diesel drives like a dream at 100 and feels like it would do it all day long. Smooth and very safe without any steering issues as well as being the quietest SUV I've owned.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Originally posted by Murphwiz@Jan 14 2005, 03:09 PM
Possibly either a speed sensor fault, of eps solenoid.
Steering effort is adjusted with speed.
I have had my Sorento up to 115mph a couple of times. It does handle pretty good at that speed and I can also watch the gas guage drop! lol My Optima at 125mph is like Im floating.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I shouldnt have topped such speeds and yes its an SUV.

I took another trip yesterday and didnt push speeds above 140kmh or about 95mph.
I found no problems with the steering and it handled swell.

Ill still be taking it for another service in a couple of weeks. I will keep you guys posted. Ill ask the tech guys about the esp Murph mentioned about and Ill get back to the rest of you guys here.

Anyone who owns a Sorento deserves any information regarding problems occured as to avoid some of them on your own and reference :rolleyes: Hence Ill never be stingy to trade problems and information I know too

Tire pressure though is checked regularly, about once a month and will never push the kpa's on the tire above 38. :D I pump mine at 38kpa's although 36 was suggested

·
Registered
153 Posts
I also noticed that after I replaced the tires, the steering is harder to turn at speeds over 120 KPH. You can feel the truck resisting the turn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts