Kia Forum banner

Happy cee'd owners respond

11K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  tdodd 
#1 ·
Hey there, I read a lot of people complaining about their cee'ds, so I thought it would be good to have a thread with satisfied owners too.

I bet there are many owners that enjoy their rides, so please speak up and let us know why you love your cee'd.

#2 ·
We have our Ceed 4 1/2 years now. No issues other than a leaking A/C codenser which was replaced under warranty with no arguement. Does a very satisfatory 51.5 mpg in mixed useage. Would have another later in the year without hesitation but the current specs don't match our needs unfortunately.

Problem is with forums a vast majority of members only come on to moan, have issues or are trolls. I posted that I was happy on the other Kia forum on a thread about problem cars. I was accused of working for Kia and got abusive private mails.

So don't expect too many replies.

#3 ·
I love my Ceed, one of the nicest cars I have owned and I have owned a lot of different cars over the years including several luxury models. I can still remember walking into the dealer to pick it up; all shiney and new sitting there in the showroom.
As Ceed3 said there are a lot of people who are never happy and seem to do nothing but complain; I keep thinking their mothers didnt raise them properly. You know the old saying if you cant say something nice then dont say anything. ;)

#4 ·
I've had mine for two years and 11k miles. No faults to date and super cheap running costs. It is as good today as when I bought it and I'm a happy owner.

Of course, it is not perfect so here are the niggles....

- Turning circle is quite wide, which restricts manoeuvrability when parking;
- Aerodynamics dump too much filth on the tailgate, including rain on the rear window even at speed;
- Rear intermittent wipe speed is poorly tuned to rate of water dumping when it rains.

Otherwise it has been brilliant so far and all signs are that my delight will continue for many years.

#5 ·
2011 1.6Crdi 3 Spec manual SW (estate) in Astral Blue Had our for 2 years and 20k

1 issue which was swiftly dealt with which was a brake switch causing zero brake lights to illuminate.

Average around 50mpg

As with any cars its not perfect, seats are very uncomfortable especially on a long trip, the bluetooth is appalling, it needs a quicker engine the 1.7 136hp engine would have been epic but most of these are ironed out in the current Cee'd the 4Tech is a brilliant car.

Would i buy another? probably yes in the future but for now i'm now looking at a Focus ST3 Estate purely because the Cee'd isnt offered in a GT estate trim.

#8 · (Edited)
Happy with our Ceed SW CRDi. No issues after nearly 5 years. Can do 450 miles in a day and get out refreshed. Seats suit us perfectly, no aches unlike other cars we have owned. Dealer has been great on every visit.

But as Grizzle says:

Would I buy another? probably yes in the future but for now i'm now looking at a Focus ST3 Estate purely because the Cee'd isn't offered in a GT estate trim.
In a few months we want another estate and a petrol this time. Even if the Ceed GT was available in SW form I don't think it would interest me since I don't want 200+ bhp, £205 a year VED and 30 mpg (not forgetting a list price of probably close to £25K for the better specced model).

The Focus is available as a 1.5 petrol Turbo in Titanium trim, looks perfect for us. 150 bhp, £110 a year VED (same as the Ceed CRDi) and probably high 30's mpg looking as the forum and tests. Brokers are offering the car for about £18000. As I said perfect for us.

So sorry Kia, you need to update your petrol engines and get them into the SW at sensible prices or you will loose more customers than us.

#6 ·
Don't think there are many people complaining about their Cee'ds compared to other cars. And people creating new threads to get some opinions about some things bugging them, are not necessarily dissatisfied.

I love my Cee'd ( 2014, 1.6 GDi, 5000 miles) because :

- It feels so well built and comfortable when driving. Interior noise levels are of premium level.

- Even though i have the cheapest model, everything about it feels like quality, refined.

- Excellent visibility and looks

- Very cheap common optionals like Metallic Paint, Bluetooth and Parking Sensors.

Average stuff :

- Fuel consumption was amazing at the beginning 47 MPG ( first 1000-2000km), then went to under 40 MPG ( maybe winter tires and winter had an impact too)
- The engine is very refined and nice to exploit but it lacks the sense of power and eagerness i have had in my turbocharged units ( no wonder, it's missing a turbo !)

I think it's more than you're average hatch back, being extremely comfortable with in depended rear suspension. Definitely a car oriented more towards comfort than sportiness ( a mini limo, like i like to call it :))

#7 ·
I absolutely loved my Pro_Ceed !! (pic below)
Only had the 1.4 petrol "Strike" model, but for a £10k car it had a workable handsfree phone kit, handled well, was fun to drive & totally reliable.
Had for 18 months, 28,000 miles & never had issues.

FTR it was written off when an old guy pulled out of a pub car park one sunny afternoon, otherwise I'd probably still have it, or maybe upgraded to a current (diesel) pro_ceed.

#9 ·
I found himi's thread most interesting and whilst some replies read of their satisfaction at choosing a Ceed others were looking to a new manufacturer. For myself my old Pro Ceed, after six years ownership, was still very satisfactory and whilst having new rear drop lincs fitted I spent time in the showroom looking at the new Pro Ceed. I was persuaded, rather easily, to take a test drive whilst I waited. Having expressing how much Ceed had inproved after my first model I was offered, with Kias loyalty bonus, the new E model for little over the price I paid for my first Ceed. Have had it now for just under a year and a half and after having a teething battery discharge problem sorted I find it hard to pass over to my wife to drive her usual spell. I have to wonder if I am alone in replacing my model and is the Kia loyalty somewhat misplaced with some of its aficionados?
johnfranklyn

#10 ·
happy Ceed owner

I've had my Ceed 1.6 Diesel estate for 3 years now and am quite happy with it. My annual mileage is low, only done just over 16k miles so far. The consumption varies by the season of course which I have noticed in other diesel cars I have owned. The best so far was 58mpg and the worst was 44....a big difference but that was probably short journeys in winter. Overall very happy and my local Kia dealer keeps trying to tempt me to get a new one but what is the point? Although I do like the look of the latest estates.

#11 ·
Nature of the beast unfortunately, this thread. People don't generally take to internet forums to say 'today my car is working just fine'

That being said...

I very much like my 2008 Pro Cee'd 3 1.6 CRDi.

It looks stunning (when it's clean), feels very well built, has a great list of standard equipment, the cabin is ergonomically sound, the engine is superbly smooth and delivers 50mpg without trying and I've run it from 28,000 miles to it's current 88,000 miles over three years of ownership and the only problems I've had are:

Passenger side door mirror stopped heating up one winter - fixed under warranty.
Drop links started rattling - fixed under warranty.
Windscreen washer jet on drivers side, housing has broken twice making the jet squirt the bottom of the windscreen - both times fixed under warranty.
Cruise control randomly disengages when pressing the + button - used to do it a lot but problem has not resurfaced this year.

All very minor niggles over 60,000 miles of motoring - basically the car has been rock solid reliable.

My only gripes with the car have been the dreadful seats - the worst I've had in any car I've owned, too flat, too hard, no side or thigh support. This and the very poor ride on the 17" alloys.

Overall a very good car.

#12 ·
And yet I find the seats to be very comfortable, still feeling relaxed and unfatigued after a 300 mile (5-6 hour) drive with one brief pit stop. Perhaps the magic is in the Cee'd 2's 16" rims.

#13 ·
I just can't get along with them, I find the base to be set too flat, so the underside of my thighs are raised off the seat, putting all the pressure on my backside, if I could tilt the squab then it would be a different story. The side bolsters on the backrest don't seem to hold you in place either, and are a weird shape, they just seem to dig into my ribs but don't offer support in corners, I feel like I'm sat on the seats, not in them.

Even if I found the seats to be comfortable, the ride on the 17's is very, very harsh, and barely seems to settle, even on the motorway. I find myself tensing up as I'm driving the car all the time, in readiness for the bumps.

Like I said though, these are my only gripes - in almost all other respects it's one of, if not the best car I've owned.

#14 ·
I own a '13 plate 4-tech CRDI I bought ex-demo with a massive discount...

Faults so far:
lumbar support adjustment failed - replaced under warranty and the dealer sent one of their drivers to give me a lift in to work whilst they had my car.

front parking sensor failed - replaced under warranty and again, dealer arranged a lift to work for me.

fuel filler door spring sticks so the door doesn't open by pushing it any more - not reported to dealer yet
poor fuel economy - I have tracked this down to an issue with the electric handbrake not releasing properly if you start the engine and turn off the handbrake at the same time - not reported to dealer yet
isg not working at the mo - not reported to dealer as according to the manual this is expected during winter.

For a car of this price range to have such a short list of faults is exceptional (in my opinion) and the service provided by Hendy Kia in Eastleigh is absolutely excellent.

The seats I find to be perfectly comfortable, went from Havant to Tintagel in one go and all in the car, including a 6ft 2 adult sat in the back had no issues at all with comfort.

The stereo is excellent, the ride (even on 17s) is excellent for a car that's supposed to be a 'fun' model

Looks amazing, handling is probably the best of any car I've owned and the engine has enough horsepower to keep me happy even though I'm a bloke in my mid-twenties!

I love how people I meet get out of their £35,000 middle-of-the-range Volkswagen Golfs or Audi A3s, look at my car and laugh at it because it has a big Kia badge on the front, then get in it and are suddenly very very quiet indeed. It's also nice how they seem to carry on looking at it after they've been in it as they walk back to their VWs and audis :)

I realise I'm sounding like a KIA salesperson here but I genuinely would recommend the brand to absolutely anyone and everyone.

#15 ·
I have a 2009 Ceed 1.6 CRD SW 3 auto since new

I fitted a chip at about 10,000 miles which has made a big improvement to performance including mpg (I get 50 to 60 mpg) but I'm soft on braking & acceleration

It has been a brilliant workhorse

My only quibbles with the design are:-

1. The seats are very uncomfortable on longish journeys, which is poor for top spec.

2. The windscreen washers were hopeless. I bought some replacement twin jets from Halfords for about £3, drilled 2 small holes in the bonnet & fitted them. Problem solved

Up until 40,000 miles I had absolutely no mechanical problems, but then after a 300 mile drive to Gatwick, the torque converter disintgrated!

This was replaced under warranty but then the same thing happened again after a further 5,000 miles & was again replaced under warranty. This happened 4 times in all & why the torque converter kept breaking up appeared to be a bit of a mystery. Apparently it was a very uncommon problem indeed

The last time it was replaced (about 15,000 miles ago) the Kia main dealer seemed pretty confident that it wouldn't happen again (Perhaps they weren't telling me the full story?)

Overall it's been a very good car, nice to drive, cheap to run & generally well designed:)

#16 ·
Hang on a minute - you've had a chip put in your car and the Kia dealer has replaced your torque converter? Is the chip the cause of this? Is it undetectable? Surely a chip will place more stress on your car.

As I wrote earlier - I think the seats are the worst I've ever had in any car I've owned so I'm with you on that.

Agreed on the washer jets - I've two replaced under warranty for breaking and squirting the water at the base of the windscreen.

I still love my Pro Cee'd though.

#17 · (Edited)
KIA CEED is a underated Car after having owned 42 cars I find CEED to be a excellent well built car for me . My 2015 crdi 7 speed dct excellent autobox is the only car kept long enough to have my 1st MOT. In fact I like its styling better than the latest model . I recommend fitting Michelin X climate tyres for better steering feel. My main complaint is that suspension could be better but is acceptable on 16" wheels but would prefer 15"., I find the instrument panel has too large fuel gauge and is difficult read in sunny conditions. It is a tight fit into my garage and the latest model is IMO unecessarily wider. I get approx 40 mpg Town driving which is excellent for a I.6 auto ,petrol models I got 22 to 26 mpg in town, now covered 2600 miles,only problem accidently over filled car and fuel gauge has stopped working properly.Intend to keep it until warranty runs out as it meets latest ULEZ zone requirement road tax only £20. Do not understand why Government is against latest Euro 6 plus diesels.

#18 ·
It's been just over four years since I posted here and I still have the same C'eed, now a little over six years old with 26k miles on the clock. I'm still as happy with the car as ever. It passes its MOTs without fail. It's on the original tyres. The only warranty work is to replace the LED running lights which went belly up after 5.5 years. No exceptional expenses and it all just works. The gas struts for the tailgate may be getting a little tired but just slower than when new, still working though.

Having bought the five year service plan the cost of the first full price service was a shock - just over £400 including AC recharge and service. Hopefully the next one won't be as steep. After that the car will be out of warranty and I'll go third party for servicing.

I did think about replacing the car, for no real reason than I had a bit of surplus cash. Full electric would actually fit my needs perfectly and I was looking at the Kona EV. But it struck me that to pay £35k for a car which was essentially the same class of vehicle as my £14k C'eed (£5k trade in value) was insane. There is nothing wrong with my C'eed and I'll keep it for at least ten years as originally planned. By then the electric market will have matured and there will be more choice, more competition and better technology, and better infrastructure, hopefully at better prices too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.