Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Picanto is 1 year old today ( according to the log-book ). It has done 50,250 miles from new. Two sidelight bulbs, one number plate bulb, one new handbrake. Oh, and 3 new sets of tyres on the front end. Not bad.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it's a lot of miles, and if you didn't look at the mileage, you would think it was only a couple of months old. Considering the standard of most of the drivers, it's holding up quite well.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
IMHO driving school cars are the best kept cars on the road, they are serviced at every interval and are washed and cleaned (What learner would want to learn in a dirty car?).

Kevin.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is there any way to find out what cars driving schools in a certain area use without phoning them all?
My sister is currently learning to drive in my picanto, so idealy she'd want to goto a driving school that uses picantos to make it easier.

When you say new handbrake, what are you meaning? new lever, cables, complete system? and what happened to it? :p

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Not that I know of unless they have a website! Unless you sit at the local Driving Test Centre for a couple of weeks and see what turns up! :)

Kevin.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Originally posted by iSix@Sep 4 2005, 02:05 PM
I
When you say new handbrake, what are you meaning? new lever, cables, complete system? and what happened to it? :p
:haha: I had a Ford Ka for a courtesy car got to the traffic lights and pulled the handbrake off the floor!

Mike

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had one particular student who stood at six feet six tall and a good twenty stone. He got in the car and leant on the handbrake to get in. The teeth snapped on the ratchet and a whole new assembly was fitted. I don't know of any driving schools that are using Picas in numbers, only independants, like me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts