Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

There I was in the evening rush hour going at snails pace, I thought instead of riding the brakes, I'd use the handbrake.

I didn't notice it at first but everytime I put the handbrake on, I heard this doing or boing sound, no sound when I released it.

I swear to God I thought it was my mobile which I have around my neck.

I am not getting the sound at the moment.

I'm a bit puzzled. :puzzled:

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
I get the same on mine occasionally when parking up on my slopping driveway. Does it sound like the keys left in ignition boing??

It only does it when the car is still slightly rolling and you have the handbrake up a couple of notches. I think it is a reminder to tell you the handbrake is still on or partially on when you pull away, so the same happens when you pull up the handbrake when you are slightly rolling to a stop. I might be wrong, I'll wait for the experts to comment... ;)

Simon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Guys,
I'm pretty sure that in the manual it states than an alarm sound is made if the car is moving at over 5mph with the handbrake on - is this what you are hearing ?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello 54,

Spot on, that,s excactly what I was hearing and the reason for it, a handbrake alarm, that's a first for me.
Seacam

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Tonyd,

Thanks for that, I did stick my nose in to the manual, didn't find a thing,
what page?, not a bad idea, once you know what it is.
Seacam

·
Registered
39 Posts
Secam - In my handbook (July 2004, UK) it's on page 4-37 under the heading of 'Parking Start Warning Chime'. The trigger is 5 kilometers an hour, not 5 miles per hour as I thought initially

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Handbook :haha:

Whats one of them??? :p

Must admit its not that clear but I might be a bit picky as I am involved in this line of work.

Simon

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Simon,

I don't know what year your Sedona is but look at e-bay type in Kia Sedona under Automotive section, I think there's one for sale now, they do come up, I've seen two or three recently.

What line of work is that you mention?
Seacam

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Hi Seacam

Sorry was only joking hense the tongue in cheek smiley... I am one of those that refers to the manual after i've broke something... :p my member id gives away the year of my bus. ;)

I work for a major railway vehicle manufacturer ensuring the maintenance manuals for new and overhauled vehicles are technically correct and meets National Rails procedures.

However I am about to give this all up and join my wifes business designing and building bespoke software solutions. For more information click on the website link below.

What about yourself?

Simon

·
Registered
66 Posts
Simon could you give Amey fleet services a kick then to service the MAN 6 wheeler OHL train/Road railer as it keeps breaking down - love your friendly Network Rail Electrical Control Officer ;) ;) :grin:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Simon,

I own and run two companies, one undertakes Gas & Electrical work the other Manafactures & Hires costumes and props for Film & TV.
Seacam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts