Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Kia sportage
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause half of my interior fuse box to not work. The second row down (all except the top one)and the 4th row down(all except the bottom one)

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,981 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Kia sportage
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have recently replaced the timing belt per instructions posted on a previous date

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Unfortunately there were several revisions of the engine compartment / pass cabin fuses boxes by KIA Corp. between 1999-2002 for the 1G Sportage: so "second row down" may/may not apply, depending on (which) fuse box someone is looking at.

If you post the individual names of each fuse (ie: "Hazard, Stop, ...") that are not working: I'll take a look at the electrical schematics & try to help.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
131 Posts
What would cause half of my interior fuse box to not work.
The fuses on the interior fusebox are usually supplied with power from one of the fuselinks (the big square fuses) out on the engine bay fusebox. You should take a look at those and see if one is blown. That would be a sensible first step to figuring out what the problem is.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1999 Kia sportage
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately there were several revisions of the engine compartment / pass cabin fuses boxes by KIA Corp. between 1999-2002 for the 1G Sportage: so "second row down" may/may not apply, depending on (which) fuse box someone is looking at.

If you post the individual names of each fuse (ie: "Hazard, Stop, ...") that are not working: I'll take a look at the electrical schematics & try to help.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
STOP and TAIL fuses are "on at all times", so that makes sense they are working.
--

DOOR LOCK fuse should also be working, that is an "always on" fuse, through the 50A [BTN] fuse in the Engine Compartment fuse box.

FUEL PUMP, ENG, RADIO, O2 SENSOR, DEF fuses are from 40A [P/WIN] fuse in the Engine Compartment fuse box,

suggest checking the 80A [ MAIN ] fuse in the Engine Compartment fuse box.

* If you need to replace: the 80A [ MAIN ] fuse is bolted in on either side of the fuse box, IIRC there are plastic access covers that need to be unhooked to expose the bolts holding the MAIN fuse, see attached.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts