Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2009 Borrego EX V6. (I love it :) ) Compared to other vehicles I have owned the gas pedal is excessively sensitive, the merest touch launches the Borrego like a rocket. Do other owners experience this? Is there a cure?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,696 Posts
I just got a 2009 Borrego EX V6. (I love it :) ) Compared to other vehicles I have owned the gas pedal is excessively sensitive, the merest touch launches the Borrego like a rocket. Do other owners experience this? Is there a cure?
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like the Borrego is drive by wire, i.e. the accelerator is an electronic control not a mechanical linkage. If that's correct I'm guessing this problem is a worn accelerator pedal assembly. Can anyone confirm this theory?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,696 Posts
It's not helpful when moderators delete their posts, leaving members' replies to those posts confusingly hanging out in the wind...
Usually when folks comply with the request to update their sig, which you did, I delete the request with the intention of cleaning up the thread, but seeing as it appears you'd prefer that it remain in the thread, its back.

I'd recommend get an OBDII scanner and watch the throttle position demand and feedback to confirm that its not eratic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts