Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k...I'm a bit of a freak about hail damage. Just got a 2013 sorento and it will be garage parked except when we take our weekend trips to our lake place. No garage parking there and we are prone to a lot of storms that have hail....anyone ever research and find a good cover that you can throw over the car. I'd like one that might even work on my husband's 08 jeep grand cherokee laredo. His car is parked outdoors by day more when he's at work. So it would be nice to have something between our two cars. His car already has some hail dings from a storm last year.

Anyone have any luck or links to a good cover? I did find this...but before I invest, was wondering if anyone else has something to share:

HailBlankets - The Ultimate Car Cover - Shop

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,519 Posts
the cover you can carry in the car and put it on if you get caught out in the open, that shelter shown on the link - hail will go right through that material if its of any size to do body damage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes...i was looking for something portable to keep in the back of the car. something is better than nothing....but if the hail is extremely large, nothing but a garage would work anyway....

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX AWD Titanium
28 Posts
I have personally covered my previous car (BMW) with towels, blankets, comforters, pillows, etc before a hail storm and trust me, if the hail is legit it will not work (I had $7000 in paintless dent repair damage after that storm, and it was quarter size hail). Think about putting this "hail blanket" on your car then smack it with a hammer... it will not protect it. The only way to prevent hail damage is to keep the hail from hitting the car. Do not waste your money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts