Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX 2.4L AWD W/Convenience Package
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found H11 and H7 Led lights that fit into the Kia housing without the use of an adapter? Looking for a simple plug and play solution.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
452 Posts
Aren't most of the kits being sold coming with the canbus decoder already? They make them plug and play and easily fit into the enormous housing for the lights. I tried out 3 or 4 different sets and they all fit properly, was never happy with the beam pattern and stuck with halogen for now but others here have had good success especially if you have fogs that can be retrofitted to LED and fill in the pattern better (I don't on the LX).

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento Ex
155 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I went ahead and bought some bulbs and an adapter from Ebay. I'd normally do Amazon, but since we are in the midst of an apocalypse the shipping would take a month.

Here's what I got:

H7 Adapter

H7 Led Bulbs

H11 LED Bulbs

I'll drop back in after Monday to let everyone know if I wasted my time and money :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Sorento 2019, EX V6 Premium AWD
21 Posts
So I went ahead and bought some bulbs and an adapter from Ebay. I'd normally do Amazon, but since we are in the midst of an apocalypse the shipping would take a month.

Here's what I got:

H7 Adapter

H7 Led Bulbs

H11 LED Bulbs

I'll drop back in after Monday to let everyone know if I wasted my time and money :ROFLMAO:
Would be interesting to see your feedback.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento Ex
155 Posts

Here's what I got:

H7 Adapter

H7 Led Bulbs

H11 LED Bulbs

Which LEDs did you go with, what company?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would be interesting to see your feedback.
Welp, they came in early and got everything today and installed it already. Was a lot simpler than I thought it would be, including the H7 bulb with adapters which was the part that scared me. Took me all of 10-15 minutes to replace all 4 bulbs.

Gonna wait till tonight to do some driving and get a better gauge of how they perform in the night, but they look great as they are right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very happy with the purchase, although I will be replacing the Protekz led's with a pair from Sealight. The Protekz feel very cheaply made, and they are currently my low beams (H11).

Clarity and brightness are great though, but my recommendation is to not go ultra cheap with you led's.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
452 Posts
It doesn't look like either of those bulbs has the CANBUS decoder - you may end up getting a warning when the system decides they don't like the bulbs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It doesn't look like either of those bulbs has the CANBUS decoder - you may end up getting a warning when the system decides they don't like the bulbs.
Yeah, so far so good in terms of no errors. I'm gonna end up springing for some higher quality LED's with built in decoders as I'm anticipating the ones I have won't last that long.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts