Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Optima, 2006 Kia Sportage, 2008 Kia Cerato, 2013 Kia Sportage
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I'm looking at getting some non-HID replacement white lightbulbs for my Sportage, everything I've found so far is yellowish (Sylvania/Phillips) and I'm staying away from modifying H11's to fit like some have suggested any recommendations?

I saw an adapter that changes the plug from H11b to H11 anyone have any experience with it? H11B to H11 bulb Conversion Harnesses (2 harnesses)

Some have suggested the H11b's from blinglights but I've read also they run at higher wattage and that can lead to trouble frying your cabling. H11B Xenon White 4750K Halogen Light Bulbs for Headlamps Headlights Head Lamps Lights BlingLights - Blinglights LLC

Additionally some have commented that their cars have come equipped with h11's for lowbeam in the 2012-2013 range, any feedback on that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 Kia Optima, 2006 Kia Sportage, 2008 Kia Cerato, 2013 Kia Sportage
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm not looking for anything super fancy, just trying to eliminate the yellow light as much as possible w/o going the HID route.

If it comes to be in the end where there are no options that are practical and still produce an ugly yellow light, I'll do the HID mod. I reviewed the threads and it's pretty straight forward if you are careful and have patience.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
I felt the same as you. Hated how yellow the oem bulbs were, but didn't want to do any "major" upgrades either.

I replaced my oem bulbs with Eiko ClearVision Supremes. Found them on eBay.

They are a direct replacement and seem noticeably whiter and a bit brighter. Definetly not as dingy as the oem. They are also supposed to last as long as oem.

I replaced the low beams and fog lamps and total cost was around $55.

Here is a link to a thread I started w/ pics and other info:

http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-sportage/79620-eiko-clearvision-supremes-installed-pics.html

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage EX AWD, 2.4L, 6 Speed Auto
30 Posts
Eiko ClearVision Supremes-Not Good

I also installed the Eiko Clear Vision Supremes (low & fog). I see no noticeable at all. The packing claims; whiter and brighter. I see no evidence of either one. In fact I believe that a pair of new oem bulbs are brighter and throw light a little further than the Eiko Clear Vision Supremes. Don't bother with these bulbs.:mad:

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I also installed the Eiko Clear Vision Supremes (low & fog). I see no noticeable at all. The packing claims; whiter and brighter. I see no evidence of either one. In fact I believe that a pair of new oem bulbs are brighter and throw light a little further than the Eiko Clear Vision Supremes. Don't bother with these bulbs.:mad:
+1

I installed these on my dad's 2011 Forte5 SX and we noticed little if no difference at all between the stock bulbs and these bulbs. I had eBay Bucks to use up so these bulbs cost me very little money (thankfully).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts