Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX UVO
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what. It doesn't work with the USB in anymore. Haven't heard from any other Kia owners yet, still too early I guess.

Just a warning, if you love how your old iPhone connected with the USB cable, do not upgrade yet. Don't know if its because of the new lightning cable, or Kia just needs to send a UVO update, or of its an apple bug.

I can still stream audio over Bluetooth, but not sure about my navigation prompts which came through the speakers before. I guess I'll play the waiting game.

Btw. If anyone has a good number or email address to contact Kia with, please send it my way. Thanks!!! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,574 Posts
Try the Kia Ipod cable bet it will work then!

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
My guess is its the new 9 pin connector as my 4S running iOS 6 still plays just fine though the USB connection.

By the way, I have no plans to upgrade to the 5 as my 4S is less then a year old and with iOS 6 can pretty much do anything the 5 can.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX UVO
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess is its the new 9 pin connector as my 4S running iOS 6 still plays just fine though the USB connection.

By the way, I have no plans to upgrade to the 5 as my 4S is less then a year old and with iOS 6 can pretty much do anything the 5 can.
I'm afraid that's the reason, also. Thanks for sharing. Do you happen to use iTunes Match? It acts a little differently on iOS 6 I've noticed. I'm going to buy one of the cables that convert the old 30 pin to the new one and see, if not, oh well, I'm used to apple changing crap around and breaking things. :-(

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS
95 Posts

Totally agree, it is the 9 pin. My 4S running ios6 has no problems either. I have read that the adapter does not support audio or video, if that is true then there will be a lot of pee'd off people out there.
I wont be getting the iPhone 5 either. Its not as impressive as I hoped.

·
Registered
2012 Rio 5 EX
2 Posts
I have a 2012 Rio EX and an iPhone 5. I tried the USB cable this morning and UVO read it as media just like my iPod Classic. I have music on my phone and iTunes Match is turned off. Now if text messages worked...

Mark

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
I have another year of contract with my iPhone 4S anyway. In my car I still use my 2nd generation iPod nano and it works just fine.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX UVO
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a 2012 Rio EX and an iPhone 5. I tried the USB cable this morning and UVO read it as media just like my iPod Classic. I have music on my phone and iTunes Match is turned off. Now if text messages worked...

Mark
I tried turning off my iTunes Match, but still couldn't get it to work. I'll have to try syncing with my computer and downloading some music to it again.

And no go for the texts.....

·
Registered
2015 Kia Pro_cee'd GT Tech
85 Posts
I know we have a different sound system here in OZ but my new iPhone 5 works fine with the new USB cable :)

·
Registered
2012 Rio 5 SX
64 Posts
iPhone 4 doesn't work with SMS. The car shows it as being available, and I can modify the 6 preset reply messages, but nothing comes through from the phone.

Perhaps it's a hardware issue.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 EX UVO
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
iPhone 4 doesn't work with SMS. The car shows it as being available, and I can modify the 6 preset reply messages, but nothing comes through from the phone.

Perhaps it's a hardware issue.
With iOS 6, Apple included bluetooth mapping, so you would think that it would work, but it's hard to tell what is going on. I just hope they offer updates for people having problems getting the audio through their car head units. Or, maybe Kia for that matter.

·
Registered
2012 Rio 5 SX
64 Posts
The SMS feature also doesn't work with my Galaxy Nexus which came out of the box with bluetooth MAP.

I think it has to do with Kia's software/hardware and not the phone. The matrix that shows compatible phones is laughably empty.

·
Registered
2012 Rio Hatch, Graphite, Manual w/UVO
66 Posts
Just wanted to throw in a comment, nothing to do with the iPhone or ios6. But I have a Samsung focus (windows phone) and every feature worked just fine. Even SMS. But it only worked for about a month or so now it won't work and my phone doesn't even connect to the car unless I turn the phone off and on again I the car.

SMS was ok... The car would read them but replying is a joke with the pre selected responses. "For no say 1' for yes say 2 for lol say 3" If I'm connected to my data I was able to actually speak a reply. But again that's when SMS still worked...

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
2012 Dune Kia Soul! w/PP and I FREAKIN' LOVE IT!
2 Posts
New iPhone 5 user with 2012 Kia Soul!

I'm a new iPhone 5 user and I'm unable to connect via bluetooth. Either my phone won't discover my Soul!'s bluetooth signal, or my Soul!'s bluetooth signal isn't compatible with my phone. I don't know what to do! Had an old iPhone 3G and it discovered the bluetooth signal just fine. Any suggestions??? Anyone???

1 - 20 of 31 Posts