Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a factory OEM remote starter U85601D000 in my KIA Rondo 2007, but didn't realize that I would need a bypass with that. All bypass in the market require a ground when running, GWR status. Would anyone know where I can find the GWR status wire ? The remote starter is installed correctly, all other functions work except that the car cranks up but does not start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ended up taking the car to a local shop that does remote starter installations. They didn't give me much details, but used a relay to get this status from ignition.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I believe you connect GWR wire to the status output of the remote starter module which I think is a blue/white wire (not certain). I suppose a relay might be needed if you need to change polarity or there's an amperage difference in play but I'm not looking at the installation manuals for each. Depends on the car. I installed a basic Avital remote start/keyless entry setup in my 2006 Spectra last weekend. I read that only Canadian models of my year/model require a bypass and, must be true - I didn't need one, thankfully - just more stuff to stuff under the dash and wire up! :) Glad it's working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
wildcatgoal
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing