Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima EX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a brand new Kia Optima EX and it has developed a strange issue. I can hear this groaning sound while accelerating from a stop and I can feel a faint vibration. It doesn't happen all the time. It seems random but I have tried to narrow down the common denominators.
I can say with certianty that the last 2 times it has happened (yesterday and today) I was accelerating from a dead stop while turning right. It did it in 1st through 4th gears and it stopped when I turned left. Today I even stopped at another stop light and it continued doing it afterwards.
I am taking it in tomorrow but does anyone know what could be causing this? I bought the car new with 100 miles on it about 45 days ago and it has 6000 miles on it now. Not exactly filling me with a lot of confidence in my purchase. I really want to like this car as it is dead sexy and seems like a decent car but.... HELP!!!

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,513 Posts
can't help you with you problem, but it would be helpful to everyone if you could fill out your LOCATION and DRIVES profile on the left so we know these details each time you post.
Vehicles are equipped different worldwide so these details are helpful in providing you with the right answers at least to the best of our knowledge - thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts