Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sportage EX, 2.4L, 4 Cylinder, AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 2022 Sportage EX has 2000kms on it but about 5 times now, I've experienced issues when starting as it hesitates for a couple seconds before it actually turns over. Like the old days when you had carburetor issues as it sounded like it was choking. It turns over several times before the engine actually engages. Also, on two occasions while driving, I hear a grinding noise, lose acceleration and something quickly flashes on the screen when the vehicle is shifting gears. All of this happens within a split second so hard to really tell what's happening or exactly what I am seeing on the dash. The screen flashes something red that looks similar to the lane assist symbol of a car on the road with a triangle. I've brought it in to shop but they can't find anything. I am very disappointed as I bought a new vehicle because my old one had almost 300k and was tired of repairing it. Please help! Thanks for reading.

·
Administrator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,406 Posts
When you say "shop" , was it the dealership?

Consider getting the stored error codes read.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say "shop" , was it the dealership?

Consider getting the stored error codes read.
yes, I meant the dealership. They scanned the vehicle but no error codes were stored. They couldn't find anything wrong with it and was told to record the issue when it happens. It happens so quickly and randomly, not sure how I am supposed to do that.

·
Administrator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,406 Posts
Based on what you described, its very surprising that an error code wasn't stored.

You could contact Kia Canada and let them know your concerns and that you don't feel safe driving the car - they might arrange a loaner while the dealership drive it with the hopes of identifying the problem.

At least you have it on record, but not going to be easy to record it.

Reactions: Lou O.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for your guidance! I have an appointment with the dealership next week. Hopefully they can find something this time! I actually don't feel safe driving it. I could have been rear-ended this morning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You may be experiencing something similar to what some new-gen Hyundai Tucson owners are having with their cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for your guidance! I have an appointment with the dealership next week. Hopefully they can find something this time! I actually don't feel safe driving it. I could have been rear-ended this morning.
You may be experiencing something similar to what some new-gen Hyundai Tucson owners are having with their cars.

Based on what you described, its very surprising that an error code wasn't stored.

You could contact Kia Canada and let them know your concerns and that you don't feel safe driving the car - they might arrange a loaner while the dealership drive it with the hopes of identifying the problem.

At least you have it on record, but not going to be easy to record it.
I'm at the dealership now and they told me that if they can't find anything they are going to charge me for the visit. I know there's something wrong with this vehicle even though the error is not recorded. Frustrating as the vehicle only has 3000 kms on it! It hasn't even had its first oil change and its been in for diagnosis twice. 😞

·
Administrator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,406 Posts
In that case, try another dealership and/or contact Kia Canada.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts