Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a new grill for my 2013 LX.

I have instructions for removing and installing on a 2011-2012. Should these instructions be the same for a 2013? Based on pictures, I don't see any difference between the model years.

Also, any recommendations on grills? Fan favorites, good deals/quality, etc?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
I removed mine and painted it flat black. But, I personally like the look of the Roadruns grill. I never took apart an 11 or 12 so I am not sure about if they are the same or not, going by looking at them I think its safe to assume they are very similar if not the same. There are alot of bolts, and get a short screwdriver...

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. Do you have any pics? Was this on your Forte, or do you also have a Sorento? Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
I didnt realize both mymodels skipped 11 and 12, thats funny. I did it to my forte also, but I was referring to my Sorento... Here is a pic. We seem to the the same models, though mine is Titanium. LX 4cyl Convin package. Love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh... very nice. Flat black looks really good.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the roadruns grill is very nice. I will probably end up getting this one. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
2015 Sedona EX - Premium Package
731 Posts
I didnt realize both mymodels skipped 11 and 12, thats funny. I did it to my forte also, but I was referring to my Sorento... Here is a pic. We seem to the the same models, though mine is Titanium. LX 4cyl Convin package. Love it!
Nice flatty looks.. IMO, Hmmm.. maybe you can add some glowy neo-red strip around(inner side) highlighting it's tiger nose. Strips like in VW GTIs....thats according to my wild imagination... :)

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Well its a good imagination, Im personally not into the lights or the tiger nose look, but maybe someone else may try it. I like to keep mine simple and clean, eventually going to black wheels and darker tint all around. Thanks for the compliment though!

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I pulled the trigger on the Road Runs R grill, painted to match the rest of the car. Now I just wait 2-3 weeks for it to be painted and delivered.

Hopefully installation isn't too difficult...

By the way, for those interested in this grill, I ordered from customsrt.net (originally listed at $275, plus shipping) and they price match. So I found the same grill at sharkracing.com for $250 (including painting and shipping) and customsrt.net matched the total.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Awsome, I would like to see pics when this arrives, also interested in how it is ordering from them. I have been on there site also.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I will definitely post some pics when I get it. The ordering process was pretty simple.
- I found the grill on the site, sent in a price match email (link available right next to the "Add to cart" button).
- I received an email response the same day confirming they could match/beat the price.
- I responded back agreeing to the price.
- They emailed me a PayPal invoice
- I logged in to PayPal and sent the money.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX GDI
3 Posts
Yeah, I will definitely post some pics when I get it. The ordering process was pretty simple.
- I found the grill on the site, sent in a price match email (link available right next to the "Add to cart" button).
- I received an email response the same day confirming they could match/beat the price.
- I responded back agreeing to the price.
- They emailed me a PayPal invoice
- I logged in to PayPal and sent the money.
Just curious - why not just go through shark racing to purchase the grill instead?

Kinda hard right now to decipher what accessories sold through third parties work on 2013 Sorentos.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went with customsrt.net (AKA Sherwood Automotive) because they are located in the US, so shipping should be much quicker once the grill is painted and packaged. And they actually beat sharkracing.com by $5.

I completely agree on finding parts for 2013s. They are still so new that most sites don't even list the year yet. However, from what I have seen, there are very minimal differences between the 2011-2012-2013, so you should be good on most parts you want to get.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The grill is being delivered this week, so expect install pics and final product pics soon!

Apparently Korea has a 2-3 week holiday in early August, at the same time I ordered the grill. So the original 2-3 week quote I was given, turned into 5-6 weeks. I sent payment on July 31, and the grill will arrive September 12, so just over 6 weeks total.

Even though I ordered from a US company in Arizona, they get all their parts from Korea, so I didn't save any shipping time ordering from them.

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The grill is installed, finally!

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics during the install. However, it took about an hour (most of the time was getting the stock one off), and I think it turned out great.

The website I ordered from did not provide any install instructions, but luckily I found some here.

Full photoshoot coming soon. Thanks again for all the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Sorento LX
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, haven't done the spoiler yet, but hopefully soon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts