Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6 AWD
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !

I have a big grey bar on top of the forum, i'm using Chrome, I don't have this on explorer.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,956 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX - 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
955 Posts
It's supposed to be there.

Reactions: Jacob King

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,379 Posts
I guess on a forum page such as this one, folks think it is an instant response to forum concerns page.
My main other vehicle forum recently switched to the Xenforo format and now we get a lot of new members posting in looking for INSTANT responses to their concern and then never giving any vehicle info and never replying when a response is given...drives me nuts with wasted effort to try and help folks out. This Forum is running a LOT better (no small thanks to our moderators) than 2 other vehicle Xenforo platform forums I use more than here. They still have not figured out how to activate the "Today's Birthdays" feature on them like is functional here. And their "Admin" has basically to me to not bother them about it!
I find this to be one of the better managed and run auto forums of the many that I use...keep up the good work you moderators and admin.! :)

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,956 Posts
I guess on a forum page such as this one, folks think it is an instant response to forum concerns page.
My main other vehicle forum recently switched to the Xenforo format and now we get a lot of new members posting in looking for INSTANT responses to their concern and then never giving any vehicle info and never replying when a response is given...drives me nuts with wasted effort to try and help folks out. This Forum is running a LOT better (no small thanks to our moderators) than 2 other vehicle Xenforo platform forums I use more than here. They still have not figured out how to activate the "Today's Birthdays" feature on them like is functional here. And their "Admin" has basically to me to not bother them about it!
I find this to be one of the better managed and run auto forums of the many that I use...keep up the good work you moderators and admin.! :)
I too have no patience for time for those posters and never engage with them until I've seen them show signs that they're not the type of poster you describe, and I encourage others to do the same but we would not enforce that.

Below is a classic - the account is still open, but never visited the site again after dropping the below.

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX - 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
955 Posts
Well...

We can always email him...

:)...;)

Reactions: Jacob King

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Well...

We can always email him...

:)...;)
People still do email?????.....ROFLo_O:unsure::whistle:
I wonder lately how many people are trying to use Alexa and the other devices out there to try and figure out what's wrong with their vehicle and step by step of how to fix it(what tools and such will be needed). ALL instantaneously done for them.........Hey Alexa, whats wrong with my car. it makes noise and runs poorly.

·
Super Moderator
10,956 Posts
People still do email?????.....ROFLo_O:unsure::whistle:
ALL instantaneously done for them.........Hey Alexa, whats wrong with my car. it makes noise and runs poorly.
That's way more information presented to Alexa compared to here when asking that kind of question.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6 AWD
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's "dead here"?
after 3 days i posted that it was a question.

I have waited 3 days, i just asked if it's monitored.

I too have no patience for time for those posters and never engage with them until I've seen them show signs that they're not the type of poster you describe, and I encourage others to do the same but we would not enforce that.

Below is a classic - the account is still open, but never visited the site again after dropping the below.

View attachment 114052
[/QUOTE

Like i said i waited 3 days before asking my question.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

Sorry , NO umbrage was meant at you directly. WORDING ("it's dead here?") can cause misinterpretation of actual message intent. As you can see by how the responses morhed to a different subject altogether. This is a vehicle forum and relatively FEW site problems themselves, so not as heavily watched. I have also noticed that the vast majority of members only monitor the vehicle pages of their interest and not the latest or popular postings page to see and reply to pages such as this one.
I noted a few responses of what others felt to be the cause. Did it help you or are you still having the concern?

·
Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6 AWD
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry , NO umbrage was meant at you directly. WORDING ("it's dead here?") can cause misinterpretation of actual message intent. As you can see by how the responses morhed to a different subject altogether. This is a vehicle forum and relatively FEW site problems themselves, so not as heavily watched. I have also noticed that the vast majority of members only monitor the vehicle pages of their interest and not the latest or popular postings page to see and reply to pages such as this one.
I noted a few responses of what others felt to be the cause. Did it help you or are you still having the concern?
Cool then, no worries, i did not find the responses you refer to ?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Cool then, no worries, i did not find the responses you refer to ?
Posts # 3 and #4, I'm NO deep knowledge of computer doings and have seen a very few times of site "glitches" occur on my PC occasionally. BUT they clear themselves up on their own within a short time, and I liken it to glitches in my platform my computer uses working with the site here. So I can't offer a definitive answer to your thread here concern.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6 AWD
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Posts # 3 and #4, I'm NO deep knowledge of computer doings and have seen a very few times of site "glitches" occur on my PC occasionally. BUT they clear themselves up on their own within a short time, and I liken it to glitches in my platform my computer uses working with the site here. So I can't offer a definitive answer to your thread here concern.
I don't have this problem with Edge (i don't use it) and also some other people have the same problem with Firefox / chrome

·
Super Moderator
10,956 Posts

Can we assume that your question has been answered? - if not let us know.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6 AWD
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the question of if it's monitored have been anwsered, NO and the question about the grey bar it's a problem with the forum but no one took car of it ;-)

·
Super Moderator
10,956 Posts
the question of if it's monitored have been anwsered, NO and the question about the grey bar it's a problem with the forum but no one took car of it ;-)
Apologies, but I don't understand what you find to be a problem with the "grey bar".

·
Registered
2020 Sorento EX+ V6 AWD
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't click on the links see the picture below

And when i scroll down i have a clack bar with nothing

And when i use Edge i have the picture of the forum on top with no grey / black bars

1 - 20 of 26 Posts