Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blink: Just a note to say hi to all, and promise to keep checking back from time to time on this site.

I have just enrolled, as I am supposed to pick up my brand spanking new Sorento XSE auto diesel- with lots of extra goodies, and paint work added on-tomorrow!!!

Am feeling:
Excited (first ever new car)
Worried (is Kia going to be any good)
Happy (to be collecting something my child is not embarrassed to be sat in)
Thoughtful (are my colleagues going to be rude about the badge etc)
Pleased (i got a good deal)
Sad (that my trade in- a faultless 1998 Rover 420sdi-is worth less than a bed mattress i bought last week!)

Anyway see you, speak soon, and the short time i've been on the site has been very useful already!!
will send a photo if i can work out how to do it!
Regards
Andy :blink:

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Welcome Andy:). Congratulation on your newly bought Sorento.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The dealer gave me an '04 Sorento to drive while my rear spoiler was installed, it's a pretty decent vehicle!!! I owned a Pontiac Montana minivan before my new Spectra5, and I couldn't believe how much more of a commanding view of the road the Sorento has!!! The model they lent me was AWD, so I took it out to some hills to try it out. It sure handles well on a steep incline, and articluated much better than I expected on some uneven terrain. I think you'll really enjoy it!

Excited (first ever new car)

I used to buy used vehicles, but the maintainence just isn't worth it. I don't think I'd ever buy a used vehicle again, knowing exactly what it will cost me each month is worth it alone, but at 0.9% interest it's like they're almost lending the money for free!!! Did you buy or lease?

Worried (is Kia going to be any good)

I had/have the same warranty. What makes me feel good is that all the reviews you read say that Kia has made massive strides in their overall quality and design. My Spectra5 was cheaper than a Honda Civic, has more features, and actually appears to be a much more "tight" fit and finish - especially the interior. There's a reason they call Korea the "Emerging Japan", and I think 10 years from now the Korean vehicles will easily surpass the Japanese quality across the board if they keep improving as quickly as they have. They are the ultimate copycats - they take the best of every design out there and implement it into their designs. A good example on my Spectra5 is the sound dampening materials they used - they even use them in the door pillars, which is a Cadillac trick to make the interior quieter. Toyota has to realize that someone else could build an excellent vehicle at a lower price, just like they did to the US manufacturers 20 years ago. My Kia is a heck of a lot nicer than my co-worker's Toyota Echo, and I paid less for it!

Happy (to be collecting something my child is not embarrassed to be sat in)

I can relate, after driving a minivan for the past 4 years... :) My wife can be the soccer mom, I want something fun to drive!

Thoughtful (are my colleagues going to be rude about the badge etc)

I get lots of looks, especially from the tuner crowd. I've only had one person bug me about buying a Kia, everyone else has been more interested in knowing why I picked it over the Civic!

Pleased (i got a good deal)

Me too!

Sad (that my trade in- a faultless 1998 Rover 420sdi-is worth less than a bed mattress i bought last week!)

...the other reason I usually lease! :)

Welcome to the board, you'll really like the people here. I've only been here for a week and already feel right at home.

Devin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its has arrived!! and I am thrilled- amazed by the response from all who see it, and everyone is truly gobsmacked....really happy, photos attached, (hopefully) the options I went for look great.
(oh...., but as usual it has a clock that doesn't work!....see sorento forum for more related problems.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its has arrived!! and I am thrilled- amazed by the response from all who see it, and everyone is truly gobsmacked....really happy, photos attached, (hopefully) the options I went for look great.
(oh...., but as usual it has a clock that doesn't work!....see sorento forum for more related problems.)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts