Kia Forum banner

1141 - 1157 of 1157 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,141
:oops:

I looked Carefully and Found the Culprit of the Burnt wiring Smell

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,142
Oh my God!!! :eek:

Could you immagine surviving a fire inside the gasoline tank?

This is the Worse fail I've seen in a car in all my Life, due to the extremly high risk for the life...

I can't explain how we survived, but I consider it the Help of God.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,143
So, I ordered a set of new parts from RockAuto, which includes a brand new Fuel Pump assembly...

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,145
But, the brand new fuel pump assembly, required an Adjustment for the Float Lever sensor, in order to fuction properly, because it came from factory way too tight somehow; so I disassembled that lever sensor to check if it was alright and reasembled everything back, letting the lever arm to move freely as it should.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,146

Here is a helping friend, holding the piece for the Photo

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,147

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,148 (Edited)
Something pretty interesting, regarding the new fuel Pump assembly swap, is that, somehow the Low Fuel warning light, at the instrument cluster, came back again to function; because I've lost that warning light function when I did the instrument cluster Swap, years ago...

I did that cluster swap then,
(without the need of changing anything on the wiring nor plugs, more info ~► Here), to gain Tachometer which the original cluster didn't have; and the only thing lost then, was the warning light for the low fuel.

Since such warning light came back to life Flawlessly with the new Fuel Pump Assembly, I believe that the wiring is different between the fuel pump assembly for the basic model and the fuel pump assembly for the luxury model... somehow.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,149
So, the problems with the Fuel Pump and the non-functional low fuel warning light, were solved by changing the old one with the new fuel pump assembly; thanks to God.

In another Subject; as I wrote some posts ago, the plastic from the wiring terminals in this Sephia, are crumbling away, making connection problems in some sensors; the most recent fail was the terminal for the Knock Sensor, which crumbled away, letting the wiring to hang down disconnected...

So, part of the Box pictured some posts above, was a set of brand new Sensors, which came along the new fuel pump assembly, from RockAuto, including a new Knock Sensor:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,150
So, I took advantage of a discount coupon at RockAuto and bought all the sensors I could, at once ...

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,151
Many plugs are experiencing this Plastic Crumbling on these Kias

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,152

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,454 Posts
Thanks for all your recent postings here.....But is this due to sheer boredom from your area's Covid restrictions that you're posting so? :) ;)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,154
Thanks for all your recent postings here.....But is this due to sheer boredom from your area's Covid restrictions that you're posting so?
No, it isn't due to boredom at all...

...in fact, this thread is a Binnacle to keep up with our "KiaStein" history; if you take a look, you'll see that this thread has kept updated for more than a decade so far. :cool:

Besides this web forum, I've been posting, sharing my inventions, creations, adaptations, modifications, retrofittings, repairs, etc... online since 1999 in some other web forums; the reason is to share ideas for all the people who might benefit from them.

Like me, there are many persons who also contributes with helpful ideas online, which had helped us a lot, so I wanted to do my part, because in order to find useful information, someone have to share it...

Finally there is another reason: This binnacle saves time, because if you want to find the proper part number for a repair, you'll find it written here, along with detailed photos of all the procedures.

I alredy received e-mails, private messages and posts with thanks from people that, after digging online, found the answer to their mechanical problems, on my threads, on different web forums... even on web pages.

That exactly is all I want, a simple thank. :)

I don't want to sound arrogant, but here is an example:

https://jalopnik.com/this-honduran-subaru-nut-writes-awesome-how-to-manuals-429795764

Greetings from Honduras,
Kind Regards.

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,454 Posts
I was well aware of your long work on the forum here. I'm sorry if my post was not entirely clear to you. I was making comment(in FUN) about the sales brochure pics posted and the fact of your other recent posting about doings during the Covid pandemic.
I WISH our NY rust belt area was not so harsh to the metal of our cars where I live, it's rare to find a daily driven vehicle in running condition more than 15yrs. old. Keep up your great postings! :) ;)

Reactions: Loyale 2.7 Turbo

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,156
Oh, Now I Understood...

Sometimes I'm Lost in Translation, remember that I learnt english, only by myself :)

Thank you for your comments, which I really Appreciate.

Here in Honduras, climate never is too Hot nor too Cold, so things and persons last a little longer... in fact my fifty years old Coupé looks intact, even from its undercarriage.

Kind Regards.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,157
On 8/1/2020 at 1:39 AM, Someone said:
Glad to see you kept up the super sleuthing Jes...
Thank You

On 8/1/2020 at 1:39 AM, Someone said:
...if this was the only wiring burning, how did you smell it as it is inside a sealed environment? ...
Because the smell and the fumes were strong enough to be noticeable outside... maybe scaped from the filling tube cap?

That, plus the kind of fail that the car developed, made me search on that area...

Kind Regards.

1141 - 1157 of 1157 Posts