Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and salutations!

Most people call me Chooch, so I just kind of stick with that. My current ride is a 2017 Kia Soul ! but my lease is up in about 7 months so I've been shopping the 2020 Sportage EX as a replacement. Buying this time. While I love driving the Soul most of the time, the transmission is clunky under load (AC on mostly), and there is some hesitation on part throttle acceleration from the turbo. I haven't been able to isolate why other than a possible logic issue with the diverter valve, but Kia themselves has stated it is working as expected, so yeah. Pretty done with the whole turbo/DCT combo thing. Drove the sportage last night and really enjoyed it. I have to say it feels VERY much like VW/Audi, which I love.

Did preliminary numbers and while they did want to pay off my lease, I just missed the 0% financing deal for October so I'm holding off until that comes around again.

My other rides include a 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XRt, and a 2020 Triumph Speed Twin. Looking forward to becoming part of this community and getting to know you guys! :D

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welp, that was quick. 0% financing and a full lease payoff (I was 9k miles under my allotment) had me trade the 2017 Soul ! for a 2020 Soul EX :). I shopped the Sportage but couldn't justify the 5k dollar price difference between the two when comparably equipped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts