Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Sorento
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all:

I'm a recent Kia Sorento owner - just purchased mine a few weeks ago, at Deacon Jones Kia in Goldsboro, NC. My wife and I also own a 2000 Jeep Cherokee, and we're both very pleased with the Kia so far. Well, except that the price of gasoline shot up like a rocket days after we bought ours! Good luck seems to follow us around. :grin:

So far, there are only a couple of things I'd like to change on the Sorento. First, the speakers (or the stereo head unit?) are terrible - really bad even for stock. And yes, I got the base unit. So I was thinking of putting in some aftermarket speakers first and see if that makes things better. I'm not an audiophile, just looking for some basic improvement into the 'acceptable' range.

Second, and this is just something I'm curious about - the automatic door locks & remote. I don't care for the timer that relocks my doors if I hit the 'unlock' and then don't open a door within some period of time (something like 30 seconds).

I also note that when I start driving, the four doors don't automatically lock the way they do on my Jeep. I sometimes drive in kind of sketchy areas, and I'd like to have that happen, in case I forget.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to reprogram the electronic door locks?

Anyway, happy to be here, looks like a great place, and howdy!

Best,

Wiggy

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
:00000732: to the site. :)
Check out the following link. It shows you how to replace your headunit. Not sure how to remove the speakers though. Hope it helps. Its pretty easy to do. If ya have any questions feel free to ask in the Car audio, video, electronics Forum or just pm me.
Sorento Headunit Removal

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
:00000732: to KIA-forums.com! :57:

I can understand where you're coming from. You gotta have atleast decent sounding music! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts