Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX GDI (AWD)
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I returned from a long trip to Lake Tahoe in California & Reno in Nevada.

There has been a big snow storm and I have never seen this type of crazy & big snow storm. It was very scary.

Many cars suffered from it but my Sorento showed a real capability of AWD CUV.

It once stuck in snow but I could get out of it without any problem. I am pretty sure that I would have to give up a vehicle and call AAA or 911 if I drove another vehicle in the remote area.
All functions as like 4-wheel lock, AWD, ESC, ABS, etc. worked perfectly!!!

It was a big "WOW" experience. The more I drive, the more I love my Sorento.
Although it's a I4 GDI, I didn't feel any sub-power for four people and several suitcases. :eek: :D

Have a wonderful holiday!!! ;)

·
Registered
SWP 2012 Sorento SX AWD
39 Posts
That's actually good to read. I don't mind reading about the AWD testing, but this is real world 'holy-crap' experience. I sent my wife off to Kentucky today in her Sorento and I'm off to Colorado (via aircraft->rental 'something'). I figure one of us will find snow. XD

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
104 Posts
I have to agree. I deliver papers, and we had around 10 inches of snow yesterday. I went out last night, and roads that got plowed late still had that mountain at the bottom of the driveways. I only got stuck once, cause it was alittle higher than the bottom of my car, but I didn't have to lock in the differential but maybe 3 times, otherwise it was up and over...
I DO have a question tho...since these mountains were on the high side, when I back out, should I have worried about snow getting under the skid plate? I've never looked underneath to see exactly how much of the engine it covers....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts