Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Grand Carnival 2007 model. The other day the rear air conditioning just stopped blowing air out of the vents.
All the lights are working on the rear panel and on the front console
we have tried changing to rear control and still no air is coming out

The front air conditioning is working fine.

I have tested all the fuses and they all seem fine

Can one of the experts help me try and fix this issue.

Regards

Andrew

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
442 Posts
Hi

I would be checking the RELAY under the bonnrt/hood (not sure what part of the world you are in) there is a 40 amp relay for the front and a 30amp relay for the rear blower. I would swap them for a short test (turn front blower off as the relay will be under rated.

See how it goes and reply back either way

Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
442 Posts
Too bad that would have been easyiest.

Assuming the fuses are good, it may be the fan which is behind the the trim in the rear cargo area on the drivers side (aus) or the 'ICM' box behind the centre console below the shifter assy, one thing to try is disconnect the battery for a minute, that somtimes resetts weird computer problems. Kia tech has all the answers it is here https://www.kiatechinfo.com/Index.asp you need to register and use 'Sedona instead of 'Carnival" but it always has helped me. here is the info about the "ICM" module

REAR BLOWER
Check for continuity between the terminals.
1. There should be continuity between the No.4 in the ICM-A and No.12 in the ICM-B terminals when power and ground are connected to the No.2 in the ICM-A and No.14 terminals in the ICM-B terminals.
2. There should be no continuity between the No.4 in the ICM-A and No.12 in the ICM-B terminals when power is disconnected.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help.
I have disconnected the battery - no good.

Found the back air blower unit - all cables are tightly connected
I can't see a simple problem.

I have looked under the center console - found 3 terminals connectors - however not sure which one is which to pull apart and check.

I think its time to take it in to a Kia Dealer to have it sorted.

Unless you have any last minute tips.

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards

Andrew

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
442 Posts
Sorry no more simple answers, it sounds like the icm module. without checking all the conponenents with a voltmeter it sounds like a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Again,

Tried to get into the link https://www.kiatechinfo.com/Index.asp
however I can't seem to get to tick the policy page.

Tried holding CTRL key - but still no good.

Do you have any hints on how to get in.

still looking for the ICM connector - I have removed the panel near the automatic gear shift - however I can't see the Connector A and the connector B

Thanks Again

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
442 Posts
Do not know whats wrong, works for me, what browser are you using IE works best.
Brian

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
442 Posts
still looking for the ICM connector - I have removed the panel near the automatic gear shift - however I can't see the Connector A and the connector B
Sorry I did not give enough info... the large cover, the one with the drink tray and fold open drawer below the shifter
Brian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Brian,

I tested the blower fan in the back compartment and the fan worked fine - with external 12v source.

I found the relay box under the front console - passenger side.
Removed the connectors - but I was unsure with how to do the test as per instructions above.
If i remove the plugs how can I have the earth and power connected to number 2 and 14 to test?

Also if it is this relay part - where is the best place to purchase one?
the numbers on it are 91980-4D010 (040125)

Thanks again

Andrew

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
442 Posts
I have used these guys Korean Auto Parts - Korea Auto Parts | FourGreen.com in the past and saved about 1/3 price it seems the more you order the more you save. Pretty fast delivery as well. 6 days all up yhe last time i used them. or these guys http://www.koraps.com i ahve not used them but seem cheaper on this part, I would compare Kia as well. four green came up $50.00 inc delivery. As for testing the relay box a multimeter and a few bits of wire seem the way to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Again Brian,

I will order a relay box and see how it goes.

Thanks again for all your help.

Will keep you posted when it comes in and I have installed the part.

Have a great New Year

Regards

Andrew

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Brian,

I received the relay box from Korea today and installed it.
ordered it from www.fourgreen.com
It fixed the problem and the A/C is blowing again in the back.
Your a Champ, thanks for all the expert information :D
Best regards

Andrew

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
442 Posts
Good to hear all is well with 39 deg coming up........Hardly an expert but glad to be of help.

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
This thread helped me- front blower fan on my 2006 Sedona stopped working. Fuse is in engine compartment and was ok. Found diagrams and debugging info on the kiatechinfo.com about the ICM relay box. I measured only 2-3 volts on the output to the front blower motor where it should be 12. This box has four mechanical relays inside and is accessed by removing the trim panel on the passenger side of the center console (it's the panel touching the floor closest to front- pull out the rear facing side and then slide backwards to release the front part). It's a bit of a pain to get relay box out because three other connector are attached to the outside and it's bolted to the floor.

Box was $50 from my Kia dealer. However the relays soldered to the circuit board inside are $4k from Digikey (NAiS CP1a-12V).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts