Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm trying to install a Navmate 2.0 navigation system in my 02' Kia Spectra, the problem is that I can't get or should I say I can't find the Engine Control Module. I looked for a wiring diagram and some pics that would show where it is but no luck. Does anyone have a picture of it or can tell me where it is and if possible what wires go to what. The guy from Navmate said it was under the center console to the right of the gas pedal but all I found was dust, dirt, and a dollar. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy from Navmate send me an email saying that the speed sensor was on pin 59 at the ECM

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess i am not really into this navigation stuff, but i thought navigation systems used there GPS to show your speed.

Mine is a PDA, it uses GPS-satellites for showing speed as it knows where you are at time x and it nows where you are at time y it calculates the travelled distance and divides it by the time => speed

I have never seen a speedo that shows the correct speed all the time.
My car (shuma II=spectra 2nd gen) shows the speed almost correctly till about 100 km/h, but after that it shows more than it is => when travelling 200 km/h it shows 210km/h :grin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know if the vss is in another place other than at the ECM. All i need is to tap on to the vss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking to install an aftermarket cruise control and also need access to the VSS wire. Anybody know where it is? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts