Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have owned the Kia Borrego EX V8 Limited for about one year now and recently have been having problems with the nav system. It first started locking up but would reset after truning the vehicle off, just turning off the radio/nav would not work. Few days later some of the navigation buttons on the touch screen would dissappear but if you touched the areas the buttons were, it would still work as if they were still there. Today it would not find the location i was typing. It would give me two of the same names on the screen but would not do anything when selecting either one. I turned the vehicle off for two hours. When I got back in the screen said it had an error and would reset in 10 seconds but stayed like that the entire trip back home but the radio screen worked. Once home it said error can not read data and to see dealer.
Has anyone else had this problem? Will be calling the dealer tomorrow to see if they can fix. I will post if I get the problem solved.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi All,

I have owned the Kia Borrego EX V8 Limited for about one year now and recently have been having problems with the nav system. It first started locking up but would reset after truning the vehicle off, just turning off the radio/nav would not work. Few days later some of the navigation buttons on the touch screen would dissappear but if you touched the areas the buttons were, it would still work as if they were still there. Today it would not find the location i was typing. It would give me two of the same names on the screen but would not do anything when selecting either one. I turned the vehicle off for two hours. When I got back in the screen said it had an error and would reset in 10 seconds but stayed like that the entire trip back home but the radio screen worked. Once home it said error can not read data and to see dealer.
Has anyone else had this problem? Will be calling the dealer tomorrow to see if they can fix. I will post if I get the problem solved.
I have had similiar periodic locking up issues myself. But haven't bothered taking it in as it only happens every few months and would be hard to replicate for the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response people. I am taking it in to the dealer on Tuesday. The dealer
Said if its just an update problem it will cost me $359. I hope they cover it under warranty.
If not I might as well get a brand new Kia unit with TV and updated maps and Bluetooth. Anyone done the new updated gps in dash unit. I see the Chineese unit for $380 on up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
UR2SLO
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing