Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2013 Kia Sorento. The Bluetooth 'phone system' works perfectly with her Motorola Droid 4 phone...recognizes it, activates it when a call comes in, and loads all information as it should.

Unfortunately when using the Google Navigation on her Droid 4 phone it will not play it through her Bluetooth. When I adjust the volume on her phone it shows that it's playing through the Sorento's Bluetooth but it doesn't...the music continues to play on her stereo system.

Mine works perfectly fine when I use my phone in my 2013 Kia Optima and it seems all the settings are the same on my Droid 4 and her Droid 4.

Any idea what the problem may be?

Thank you!!!

TripleB

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
My wife has a 2013 Kia Sorento. The Bluetooth 'phone system' works perfectly with her Motorola Droid 4 phone...recognizes it, activates it when a call comes in, and loads all information as it should.

Unfortunately when using the Google Navigation on her Droid 4 phone it will not play it through her Bluetooth. When I adjust the volume on her phone it shows that it's playing through the Sorento's Bluetooth but it doesn't...the music continues to play on her stereo system.

Mine works perfectly fine when I use my phone in my 2013 Kia Optima and it seems all the settings are the same on my Droid 4 and her Droid 4.
It's been working fine with my Samsung Galaxy SII and Galaxy S4 phones. Can she stream bluetooth audio? I start the nav app that comes with google maps on my phone and then hit the command button on the steering wheel and say "play bluetooth audio." At that point, everything from the phone plays over the car audio system. If I also play music on my phone, the music plays and is seemlessly interrupted by the nav program when I need to make a turn or receive a phone call.

Best,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts