Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rio 09' 1.4 manual
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.
This is my particular experience with leds.
I decided to replace regular bulbs with led ones, averything looked superb at first time, I replaced rear POS/Brake, license plate, interior, and position front.
BUT (always a but) and this is the WARNING for other ones that plan to do this, all leds work fine except the front ones (position), after a time using it when I turned on the h4 (regular h4 replaced with phillips crystal clear with same wattage 55/60) the heat of the H4 started to melt the position one! and started to burn inside!!
I don't know why the fuse didn't worked, when I stopped and saw the whole light was yellowish and at the up side was foggy, and then was grey!
Next day I decided to take out the lamp and try to clean it, I did my best with my wife help, but around the position lamp the shiny plastic was black!! and is almost impossible to clean perfectly the upper side.
All around the H4 cleaned so so, except places that couldn't reach, and.. after passing my tool for cleaning in some places the shiny surface started to slip out!!
So, I decided immediatly to buy a new lamp (since it was 3 days of buying the car)
Original light costs around 250 USD (motorized leveling), finally I bought an alternative light brand Depo costed 140 USD (whitout motorized leveling, I don't care right now of that, maybe in the furure I will install the motor of the other light)
Why happened this?? because sellers from ebay and other sites sell you lights like these, with plastic base, that are not intended to work at high temps!!

PLEASE DONT USE THIS TYPE in THIS KING OF LAMPS !!

This is the original with some signs of the damage

This are the good working ones...

[/URL]

closer look at pos/brake

[/URL]

Now I have some question.
As I know at the dashboard there are already leds woking on it, isn't it?

Regards

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
922 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts