Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12' KIA Rio5 SX & 15' KIA Sedona SXL
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, was able to find time to install the HID system into the Rio5 today...very happy with the end result! :D

Specs:

Distributed by Xenon Supply H11b Kit (Kia Optima HID Kit | Xenon Lights)
8000k Intellight Bulbs
Slim Profile Digital Ballasts
Accessory Relay Harness

The HID System is packaged very well & the video made it very simple to install. The video is from a KIA Optima, but install is practically the same on the Rio5. (
)

For those on a budget, here's a promo code to use with ordering. Any item ordered using coupon code "xsforum15" will receive 15% off their total purchase. Plus, standard shipping is FREE, unless you want it delivered quicker!

Post-install & initial start-up of the new HID System in the Rio5 video...very bright! (2012 KIA Rio5 with 8000k HID - YouTube)

:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures from HID System install...:cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,806 Posts
with all respect, but 8000K is a big mistake... you should have gone with 4300K. Believe me you will regret soon.

Besides, 8kK is... gangsta like.For sure not pro like...

Besides, why people like the relays so much? In most cases there is really no need for extra relay harness. HID uses less power than halogen. Even with the initial startup surge the OEM harness can handle the power with no problem. CAN BUS(T) system? No difference if it has relays or not... will require extra load no matter what.

IMO - waste of money and brings extra danger.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Looks good . . . but I am glad the Aussie Rio doesn't have that terrible looking orange light at the top of the light assembly. Spoils it, in my opinion.
Is that just a clearance light? US regulations?

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Looks good . . . but I am glad the Aussie Rio doesn't have that terrible looking orange light at the top of the light assembly. Spoils it, in my opinion.
Is that just a clearance light? US regulations?
US and Canada as far as I know. Maybe others too.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio LX (auto)
47 Posts
i want to change my light bulbs because one of my friends did it to his car and i dont want to change everything so i was hoping that it would be a simple change (stock rio lights suck IMO)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
was this a easy do it yourself?

any parts you struggle with?
Very easy, especially after watching the video. The install on the Optima is practically the same for the Rio5. Since the engine bay is a lot smaller than the Optima, it was a lot easier to install the HID kit by first removing the headlights. The headlights are only held by 2 screws, very easy to remove.

http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-rio/79146-headlight-housing-2012-rio5.html

Then you have very easy access to the back of the headlight housing(s). Attach the HID bulbs/wiring to the headlight housings, place the housings carefully back in, attach the ballasts & the relay accessory harness, then enjoy! Took about 30 minutes to install everything. Watch the video a couple times prior to install, if you've never done this before...makes the install a lot easier to do. Good luck!:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts