Discussion Starter #1
Such a big difference with this really easy mod...awesome!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
Kia Rio S UB 2012
94 Posts
ehm, can you provide more details?

what exactly did you do ? what product did you buy ? what bulbs did u replace?

this is the light bulb in my Kia Rio 2012 and I cant find an LED version of it anywhere :

any ideas?

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Yes tell us. How did you do that? Where did you buy the bulbs? Easy installation? Waiting...

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
Wow ...
You guys like to spend your money...
I replaced all my interior bulbs with LEDs mounted on PC boards two years ago for MUCH less than what you guys are paying ....brighter and cheeper with no problems...
look at ...
metapark | eBay
They always have taken great care to earn their ratings....
I have the dome/map/door/(and floor)/tail/backup/trunk lights all replaced on my 06 Spectra SX and modified the map light circuits and floor LEDs to come on and dim down with the dome lights with the doors opening and closing... for about the same cost as one of these "pop in" custom boards posted here.
Dave

·
Registered
KIA Rio 1.4 CVVT 6MT/ 7" NAV/ 17"/ Leather/ Electric blue
35 Posts
I bought it from exLed Korea.
They have the quality certification ISO9001, RoHS.

My local dealer admits warranty with exLed.
You can buy where and what you want :)

marleyfan61
LEDs from your link is only for Interior Map/Dome Lights.

exLED kit includes:
- Map Light
- Dome Light
- Licenseplate Light
- Glove Box Light
- Cargo Light
- Vanity(Mirror) Light

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
And I CAN spend my money wisely not giving someone 600% profit for a useless ISO certification.

I have had NO "quality" problems with the items I have purchased and as far as warranty.. Interior lamps voiding warranty??? let's be real here..

I offered options to persons not wishing to flush their money and have the same results for far less cash outlay...Your ISO will look good on your wall so you can look at it...That's all it's worth.

·
Registered
KIA Rio 1.4 CVVT 6MT/ 7" NAV/ 17"/ Leather/ Electric blue
35 Posts
Please, don't worry about me :)
I'm happy with my purchase.

ISO is not for me, it's for my local dealer. In my country they want.
I didn't say that your choice is bad.

·
Registered
12' KIA Rio5 SX & 15' KIA Sedona SXL
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ehm, can you provide more details?

what exactly did you do ? what product did you buy ? what bulbs did u replace?

this is the light bulb in my Kia Rio 2012 and I cant find an LED version of it anywhere :

any ideas?
I changed out the OEM bulbs with SMD LED lights from ijdmtoy.com: Super Bright LED Car Lights, LED Bulbs, LED Headlights and Tail Lights

Dome light, Vanity lights, & Cargo light replaced with: 12-SMD DE3175 3175 Festoon Dome LED Bulbs | Car LED Interior Lights

Map lights, Glove box light, & License plate lights replaced with: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/38-SMD-T10-168-194-921-LED-Bulbs-p/led_t10_sku_c02.htm

:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
exLED's also come with a dimming feature that all other companies do not put in. It's either that brightness, or off. exLED's, while more expensive are of great quality and, you do have that dimming function, should you feel that the brightness is too high when you first install them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
exLED's also come with a dimming feature that all other companies do not put in. It's either that brightness, or off. exLED's, while more expensive are of great quality and, you do have that dimming function, should you feel that the brightness is too high when you first install them.
that's a good feature from exLED. my friend bought LED interior lighting and was disappointing because no dimming light feature.

·
Registered
12' KIA Rio5 SX & 15' KIA Sedona SXL
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you please check the connectors for the front interior (i think it called - Map) Light
It has 4 pins - witch one of them is what?
All I did was install LED bulbs (take the old bulbs out & replace with the new ones), not requiring any contact with the pins for functionality of the lighting...

I changed out the OEM bulbs with SMD LED lights from ijdmtoy.com: Premium Car LED Lights, LED Bulbs, Headlights, Tail Lights, Fog Lamps

Dome light, Vanity lights, & Cargo light replaced with: 12-SMD DE3175 3175 Festoon Dome LED Bulbs | Car LED Interior Lights

Map lights, Glove box light, & License plate lights replaced with: 36-SMD High Power T10 LED Bulbs For Parking Lights, Backup Lights

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
Kia Rio LX 1.2 Manual - 5 Doors
46 Posts
All I did was install LED bulbs (take the old bulbs out & replace with the new ones), not requiring any contact with the pins for functionality of the lighting...

I changed out the OEM bulbs with SMD LED lights from ijdmtoy.com: Premium Car LED Lights, LED Bulbs, Headlights, Tail Lights, Fog Lamps

Map lights, Glove box light, & License plate lights replaced with: 36-SMD High Power T10 LED Bulbs For Parking Lights, Backup Lights

:)
I do understand that i only can put LED bulbs.
What I need is to know the wiring.
(My car came without a map light and I'm connecting it by my-self)

looks like no one knows the wiring.
Made some more research and I want to share with all of you what I found:
Light.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Rio EX. 2014 Rio SX
273 Posts
I purchased the same type of LEDs that Jademac posted, but from ebay, super cheap. You can get a half dozen of each kind for only a few bucks.

They are not as bright as the complete circuit board mod versions, but you dont need to spend allot on interior LEDs if you dont want to, they are hardly on and dont need to be high end.

Dont forget the glove box!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 Fun
57 Posts
I do understand that i only can put LED bulbs.
What I need is to know the wiring.
(My car came without a map light and I'm connecting it by my-self)

looks like no one knows the wiring.
Made some more research and I want to share with all of you what I found:
View attachment 33330
A member did the same thing but from a older model
http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-rio/82615-installing-map-light-2013-lx-model.html

I want to install the Map light also.
Can you tell me did you wire it like this member did or is it diffrent for your model?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts