Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this forum in November 2012 after trading my Xtrail in for a 2012 Grand Carnival. I have regularly visited the forum and I have been generally disappointed in it.
I previously belonged to an Australian Xtrail forum. I was hoping that this Kia forum would be similar to the Xtrail form. The amount of technical information and advice was quite extensive. They had sections that listed accessories and special deals available to members as well as issuing member number and car stickers.
This Xtrail forum even had responses from Nissan Australia and had access to technical bulletins and service information direct from Nissan.
It is odd that a forum for a particular model of a car such as an Xtrail can gather a large following whereas the Kia forum has so few members.
Sadly the Kia forum, at the present, is really not of much value.
I have noticed that posts by new members often go unacknowledged or unanswered. Other posts that do receive answers are often not resopnded to by the original poster. This sort of behaviour does not encourage people to post new questions or respond with answers, and as a result the whole point of the forum becomes self defeating.
My personal feeling is that there is not a lot of future for this forum, and that is not meant as blame to the moderator or those that have posted to the forum. For any forum to be sucessful, it needs to have decent number of members and a core group of people that have the time to monitor, respond to and moderate posts.
There have be a few regular contributors who have provided interesting and useful information, but it needs more people to get involved to make people want to visit and post either questions or answers.
I will be deactivating my account in about a weeks time, and after that I may still occasionally visit to see if anything interesting has been posted.

Cheers and goodbye to all,
John :(

·
Registered
KIA Carnival 2000
56 Posts
Quite bad news, but I agree, the response rate is quite low considering how many Kia's are driving around. I dearly love my 2000 Carnival and have come to know it inside out. The forum can ill afford someone like you to vacate.

Cheers, Dean.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
234 Posts
If you aren't happy with the way the forum works, why didn't you go away quietly & not get 'on your soap box'.:p
I have found that the forum has been extremely helpful for me & kudos to the folks who manage it.
Please 'take your ball & go home'.:cool:

·
Registered
KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
561 Posts
No loss.
Some people think that they have right to have their questions answered just because they ask nicely.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
"If you aren't happy with the way the forum works, why didn't you go away quietly & not get 'on your soap box'.
I have found that the forum has been extremely helpful for me & kudos to the folks who manage it.
Please 'take your ball & go home'."

to geeksrus,
I never said anything on how the forum works, I said that in its present form It was of not much value, to me anyway. I noticed that you are from the USA, and why you are responding to a regional fourm I don't know. I have regularly visited the US forum and it is of value because it has the numbers and response rate needed.
I was not getting on my soapbox, I thought it was good manners to give the reasons for leaving so those running the forum may use it to improve the forum.
To be honest it is people like you who do not do forums any help. Finally your comment about taking my ball & go home is odd as I am home in the Australia regional fourm whilst you are not.

and to Classic boy
"No loss.
Some people think that they have right to have their questions answered just because they ask nicely."

Well, everybody has a right to ask a question but I never said they had a right to be answered. Every question I asked got answers. I had noticed some people had asked questions and had never recieved a response. I did respond to some of them and never saw any responses from the poster or other people.
You may say 'No loss' but everybody who leaves a forum only diminishes to forum by reducing the number of people with knowledge and the number of those likely to respond.

I did not see any point in deactivating my account so I will keep it any may respond to those that ask questions if I can provide any helpfull information.

But is people like you, geeksrus and Classic Boy, that do not do forums any service by having a go at someone who decides to leave. Why don't you try responding with advice to questions that people ask instead.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
234 Posts
Regarding your suggestion that I offer advice: Don't go away mad... just go away!:eek:

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,930 Posts
Attacking others is NOT acceptable on these forums and may result with temporary to full banning..
So let's keep it easy going...
Dave

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I admit i got it wrong. I thought the idea of forums was to exhange ideas, give advice, share experiences and offer suggestions to help other forum members out. Well it is obvious from geeksrus and classic boy responses that I got it wrong.
People will always have different ideas on any topic and usually other accept a person right to their opinions as long as it is not directed with malice at others.
It is obvious that my opinions/ideas are wrong because they do not mirror some others.

So that I do not unknowingly upset some other forum members in the future I will follow geeksrus advice, since it is the only useful advice I have ever seen hime post, and i will go away, but I am not going away mad, just disapointed. So, sorry to disappoint you geeksrus.

·
Registered
KIA Carnival 2000
56 Posts
I must admit that the activity on this forum is somewhat disappointing...considering the Kia is so popular and at times contraversial....especially the early Carnival. I love mine to death and would gladly buy six more had I the funds, giving me a different coloured Carnival for each day of the week. As for the 2.5L engine it's a gem when assembled correctly, I've just hit the 5000K mark with no problems on the engine I rebuilt. I really do think members of this forum are a little lame...or just not interested in what is a really great vehicle. Does no one have anything mechanically useful to contribute?

·
Registered
KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
561 Posts
Kia's are cheap and cheerful and reliable therefore they don't need to be talked about adnauseoum.

I have couple of them and they don't give trouble like nissans do, so no need to talk about them.

If you want to find posts about issues, there are plenty so don't be lazy and do a search.

·
Registered
KIA Carnival 2000
56 Posts
How strange? Silly me thought this was forum set up to discuss the Kia models. If they are not to be discussed ad nauseam, then what is the point? I'm certainly not 'lazy' as my numerous posts display. Thinking I was helping those who may have experienced similar problems with Carnival engines, brake problems and the like seems to have been misguided.
I'm fast becoming disillusioned like Johnmurf...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts