Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazing! We purchased a 2002 Kia Sedona, new, and have had more problems than any used car I purchased as a kid!

First, the aftermarket alarm/auto-start continued to malfunction. Three days at the dealer to "repair". When I got the car back, the cosmetic interior moldings were not attached. I discovered a dealer's tool in the engine the following week.
Mileage: 500 miles

Next, after getting a standard oil change, the car seemed to leak. Bringing it back to the dealer, the engine block needed to be replaced. Three weeks later we finally got the car back. The oil continued to leak. Prognosis was a gasket replacement, another week.
Mileage: 22,000 miles

Lastly, an intermittent whirring sound occurred from the rear of the vehicle when the a/c was on. Within a few days, no more a/c at all. Brought the car to the dealer again, needs parts...no telling how long before we get the van back. At inspection, the power steering assembly needed work too.
Mileage: 53,000 miles

Additionally, I inquired about recalls. Found out that a throttle recall exists, but we were never notified.

Is there no end? Is this vehicle a qualified lemon? We contacted Kia after the engine block situation. Result, customer service survey. End of story.

Is there no backing the manufacturing? If this were a credit card purchase, I'd get a refund. I'm really considering getting the district attorney's office involved, filiing a Better Business Bureau complaint and sending a letter to the NYS Attorney General. I don't think I'm overreacting. We're just tired of the games, the problems and no results. Is anyone else being faced with similar issues?

Frustrated! :angry:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts