Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio 1.2 ISG LX 5D
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone recommend a good mount for an iPhone 5? Had a Brodit /Proclip in previous vehicle and it was superb but don't like the look of the A-post or vent mount for the Sportage.

Anyone have a good cup holder, 12v charger or cd slot type?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
101 Posts
I did something a little different than usual, and skipped the the plastic bricks altogether. I bought this stuff called Heininger 1065 CommuteMate DashGrip for $6. Cut a small strip of it, and placed it right above the CD deck. The phone literally doesn't move. AT ALL. this stuff had excellent ratings and it makes a great place to sit the phone to use the GPS. I lay mine landscape.
I attached the Picture of what mine looks like. BTW if the iphone looks a little strange it's because I dropped it in the image, but I wanted to give you an idea of how I used it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Rio 1.2 ISG LX 5D
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the replies. I like the look at the RAM X-mount as that will work my caseless iPhone 5 and also the Mrs's iPhone 5 with a case. It just depends on well these things stick the the windscreen.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio 1.2 ISG LX 5D
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. That Easy Flex 2 mount has plenty of positive feedback. I am wondering if this will fit in the tray where the 12v and AUX inputs are located in front of the gear stick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks. That Easy Flex 2 mount has plenty of positive feedback. I am wondering if this will fit in the tray where the 12v and AUX inputs are located in front of the gear stick.
That's where I have mine in the Veloster. I had to rotate it (it rotates!) it 10° or so CW, and angle it just so, but it works. I think in the GT the same space is less cramped than in the Veloster, but I haven't had occasion to try it. What's nice about it is that you can relocate it to another car or even move it to a different place within the same car anytime you want, and it still remains solid because of the gel disc.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry. Just realized this question is for a Sportage. You guys have very little room in front of the shifter, don't you! I don't think the iOttie will work there, as the disc is too big for that oddly shaped area. Bummer!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 2.4L w/ Convenience Package, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SE-AWC
576 Posts
I just lay mine in the little tray in front of the USB and 12V ports. If I use my iphone charger, it helps to prop up the phone, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts